The Search begins.. but where to look ?

Johnh

Question

Ok so now I have got Barn space for storage sorted out and agreed rent, stage two ; the hunt for my own wheels ! Where do I look ? been on milweb, missed Adrians reo by a few days ! looked on fleabay err no joy bought a copy of classic military vehicle can you point me in any other direction ? other than the toilet door ??:-)

20 answers to this question

Ok so now I have got Barn space for storage sorted out and agreed rent, stage two ; the hunt for my own wheels ! Where do I look ? been on milweb, missed Adrians reo by a few days ! looked on fleabay err no joy bought a copy of classic military vehicle can you point me in any other direction ? other than the toilet door ??:-)

You are looking in the right places so be patient and what you are looking for will come along !

Rob.......................rnixartillery.

Thanks Chaps,

I think because I have had a few months to brood over this project, I have fallen into the over eager trap ! I will try and exercise some restraint ! but as soon as I get out of my strait jacket I will be out of my padded cell ! Oh well off to bull up my shoes , off to Edlington Cenotaph tomorow , promised to help wife take 30+ year 2 kids for the Armistice Day Service ! So if anybody knows of a reo M35 multifuel whistler (short wheelbase ? ) not the M54 the 10 ton lwb ? apparently told to steer clear of the 25 footers as have a tendancy to twist out on the drive shafts ? Should I rally post this in the Sale section ? sorry still new to this stuff:blush:

Reo's are lovely trucks, but I would not let people put you off what you want to buy. Most people on here know everything you could ever want to know about the trucks and will give you good sound advice. My thoughts are that the M54 is still a useful truck today, there cannot be that much wrong with it...I have an M62 and an M817 (not played with that yet) but they dont really seem to have much wrong mechanically it usually the age old, lack of use thing that they really dont like,...

if you listed to the rumours no one in their right mind would buy a stalwart, but people do...actually now I mention in I guess we are not in our right mind...oh well

go buy and enjoy, there are a lot of trucks out there for sale..

Hi

Selling my Reo M35.

It has a 'hard' body for camping in.

Whistler and winch.

Just changed all filters and oils.

Reversing cameras.

PM me if you are interested as it has to go!

Martin

Hello Martin,

Looked at your Reo on ebay, thought it would have sold ? anyway we are looking for the old canvas back drop side, like Adrian Knott sold, if I thought I could change the body over then I would snap your hand off:cool2:

http://www.milweb.net/webverts/54005/

Is this one still available?

OOps attention to detail... I mean't Adrian Scott not Knott:blush: This wonderful specimen was sold some weeks back . I rang Adrian he was very helpful, he was in the middle of harvesting but still took time out to speak to me, anyway I missed the truck by a day !

thanks antarmike for pulling me up on my mistake !!!:embarrassed:

There is a 'Whistler' on Milweb, can't get excited yet as insurance still not sorted , however can anyone explain the 'yellow' trim colour scheme on the truck advertised, and does anyone know the seller Ian Borrowman or know if he is a member ?

thanks

John

It's in Vietnam war transport truck colours. There's lots of info on the internet about these and the gun trucks. The truck is the right era for this but only the owner will be able to tell you whether those markings were found during restoration or whether they were added.

- MG

Well still looking, there seems to be a lot of GMC CCKWs on the market around my neck of the woods, I know it is far removed from a Reo but they do look nice ! we get a few that visit Aeroventure on special weekends, am i showing spring time eagerness ? do I need medication ?:wow:

Well I didn't rush...honest:red: But I got one !!!:-D and drove all the way to sunny Doncaster from Andover ! I will post pics after this weekend at Aeroventure we have a classic bike do on sunday