How HMVF links us and helps us

robin craig

Dear Jack

Thanks for starting this forum. I have benefited from contact with fellow MV owners all over the globe.

In the last week I have spoken with a BV206 owner in Alaska and helped him out, Sirhc helped me out last night all the way from the UK. In my own country StenMk V in Nova Scotia and I chatted as we are fellow Ferret owners. A few months ago I re found a Californian friend who has Supacats through Fesmdt who is in Asia.

Just thought I would let you know the scope of what the forum does and why I encourage others to join.

Robin

Dear Jack

Thanks for starting this forum. I have benefited from contact with fellow MV owners all over the globe.

In the last week I have spoken with a BV206 owner in Alaska and helped him out, Sirhc helped me out last night all the way from the UK. In my own country StenMk V in Nova Scotia and I chatted as we are fellow Ferret owners. A few months ago I re found a Californian friend who has Supacats through Fesmdt who is in Asia.

Just thought I would let you know the scope of what the forum does and why I encourage others to join.

Robin

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: To Jack

Al

The same goes for me. I wouldn't have re-discovered my interest in WW2 vehicles where it not for stubling on HMVF while in Colombia back in 2008. If it wasn't for HMVF (specifically Adrians M4A4 restoration thread) I wouldn't be saving the Loyd.... so thanks Jack:-D

Edited by ajmac

Thank you very much Robin and everyone else - very kind of you and I have to say very much appreciated by the whole team and myself.

There is a lot of time and work that goes into HMVF and the team do not have an easy job and often at the end of a load of hassle, rudeness and at times agression so I know they will appreciate your thoughts.

I have to also admit that HMVF really is one hell of a place and it is the jewel in the crown in my eyes. I too, have had my life changed for the better for it. I often look back and pinch myself because I would of never met some many new friends, had such wonderful experiences and seen the whole hobby change in front of my eyes. Just look at what we did for the Normandy Veterans and A&E wouldn't of happened and just think, we have even more to do in the future too. I am very keen to get eTPM sorted as soon as I kind as I think this will be another big change to the hobby if we get it right. I have a lot of work there and it excites me but I need to make sure it is what the hobby not only wants but also needs - if we can make it the 'British Library/resource' of military history online then it will be something we can all be proud of.

Look at all the experience, give freely by everyone and the amount of information, help and advice the 'seniors' have given to us all is priceless.

But like I have always said the success of HMVF and what it has brought to us all isn't down to me - it is all down to you guys and the team - so I thank you all for that.

My kind regards,

Jack.

Edited by Jack

thanks to hmvf iv'e made some freinds all over the country and attended a lot of shows that normally i wouldnt have gone to and been acepted i hope as me not just another rmp:cool2:

ive been cook at a couple and will be cook or guard at a lot more

througth the forum when things have gone wrong help has always been at hand one way or another (eg needing a landrover fast)

so thanks everyone