A&E after all that.............

I never did get to drive a tank in the field :computerrage::computerrage: :computerrage: :computerrage: :computerrage:

Oh well thats it then Jack, you will so have to do it all again!!!!!!!!! ;););)

I never did get to drive a tank in the field :computerrage::computerrage: :computerrage: :computerrage: :computerrage:

Didn't you? You should've asked me I could've sorted something for you :cool::cool::whistle:

Didn't you? You should've asked me I could've sorted something for you :cool::cool::whistle:

Oh yes of course Bodge - like who do you know who has a tank and more importantly would let you drive it :sweat:

Can't be all bad Jack, you did get a short ride in my Jeep, and your can of Stella managed all the way from Martinstown to Dorchester :cool2:

OH so it was you who nicked it! I got rather attached to that can for short we were in each others company.

-can I have it back please.

OH so it was you who nicked it! I got rather attached to that can for short we were in each others company.

-can I have it back please.

Better ask Mrs Spood she was in control at the time. :whistle:

Jack,

As I stood you up at A&E due to no transport (my lifetime loss!!) the very least I can do is give you a drive of my Valentine at Beltring (they are collecting it so it should get there ok!)

just fetch up and ask!

Cheers

John

Wow many thanks John! I am there on Saturday - if I can find you and the timing is right for you then I would love to take you up on your offer. Very kind and would be a honoured, thank you.

Best wishes,

Jack.

Wow many thanks John! I am there on Saturday - if I can find you and the timing is right for you then I would love to take you up on your offer. Very kind and would be a honoured, thank you.

Best wishes,

Jack.

No problem. I have previously been close to the road into the arena, opposite the shower block but not sure where Rex is putting me this year so you will have to search about. Probably best if you contact me early in the day so I can say when we are going into the arena and then you can drive it down and into the arena for me then stay in the turret for a ride round. Bring some spinach, you need arms like Popeye but the new clutch is great!!

• 2 weeks later...
No gearbox = no car= Shanks's pony:angry:argh:

No problem, offer still stands at some point in the future.

To be candid, there was a subtle reason for asking: I had a guy asking a couple of times for a ride and I put him off because all spaces were taken. On the way home, I had a dark thought that it might have been Jack as I am not 100% certain what he looks like - well, what I mean is that I never forget a face but can never remember whose face it is!

I was worried I might be refusing Jack a place because I was waiting for Jack to arrive if you see what I mean!

By the way, as I came out of the arena once with no 1 son driving, I got down to walk the tank through the campsite. A member of the crowd came up and asked if he could take my place in the turret. Cheeky git I thought but why not? He was chuffed and I was astounded at his brass neck. I did get a beer out of it though!

As the Lancashire/Yorkshire philosoper says "Them as doe ask, doe get!"

No problem, offer still stands at some point in the future.

To be candid, there was a subtle reason for asking: I had a guy asking a couple of times for a ride and I put him off because all spaces were taken. On the way home, I had a dark thought that it might have been Jack as I am not 100% certain what he looks like - well, what I mean is that I never forget a face but can never remember whose face it is!

I was worried I might be refusing Jack a place because I was waiting for Jack to arrive if you see what I mean!

By the way, as I came out of the arena once with no 1 son driving, I got down to walk the tank through the campsite. A member of the crowd came up and asked if he could take my place in the turret. Cheeky git I thought but why not? He was chuffed and I was astounded at his brass neck. I did get a beer out of it though!

As the Lancashire/Yorkshire philosoper says "Them as doe ask, doe get!"

Some years ago at W&P's Friday evening tank run I just stuck up my thumb to ask for a ride.

He invited me on the tank...its the same tank I was on at A&E.

Edited by Enigma