LIVE from the W&P Show 2010

Marmite!!

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you talking about Cadmans Low Loader? When I was driving down to W&P last year it went FLYING past me. I wonder if his fuse has blown in the speed limiter department?:cool2:

Is there many people there all ready? We will be there this time next week, hopefully there will still be space when we get there?:shocked:

No -Ovendons. the OT won't fit on the W&P low loader - too wide!! :D

Early start today.. was woken by a madman who had sneaked into little Monktons at about 5am & started wacking posts in... nice to meet you Adrian Scott :-D..

Ian & myself started setting up camp at 6am & shifted all the armour etc over in double quick time.. finished setting up camp about 3pm...

Had a good chat with Richard Farrant this morning, invaded by the guys from Coalhose Fort this afternoon & Mark Helliops popped in for coffee this evening..

Haven't had a chance to drive about yet, will get photos around the site in the morning..

Few of the vehicles I'm minding...

P1020143.jpg

P1020144.jpg

& some of our kit.. more to follow

P1020145.jpg

P1020146.jpg

P1020147.jpg

P1020148.jpg

& the Hippie Fest is on again.. we won't be going if they invite us again this year.. don't fancy getting our kit tagged again.. anyone thinking about setting up in Outer Monktons next week forget it.. that's where they are holding the fest...

Was down there earlier Lee, but you were talking so didnt interupt. But we are camping opposite you where that little whit shelter is!!! LOl

Catch up down there

Kyle

Yep we see you.. thought that was one of the Hippies camping there :D

Went down earlier to claim our little bit of kent for the duration, amazed at how much had been grabbed by 10am, had a quick drive past of Lee's camp, looks very impressive, then back up to Bedfordshire for tea and biscuits-roll on next saturday.

Was also amazed at the 6-7 mile long queue on the M25 to use the dartford bridge at about 1pm as we sailed past the other way, bet it was bloody hot just sitting there

Anyone turning up & going to Quiet camping do not use the road at the side of the arena at the moment, there is no access that way, one of the hop farm staff just told me the only access to quite camping will be via the bridge in the stall area.. can't say how true this is but at the moment there is a large Jewish group (community group) camped in the area where the Germans normally camp at the usual entrance to quiet camping..

Moved the OT over to our groups area in the Americas field yesterday - and got a couple of nice burns from the hot armour! :D Halfway to the area the increasing haze in the vehicle reminded me the fording vanes had been closed in case it rained - oops!!! Big improvement in performance when they were opened!!

As can be seen frm Lee's pics the Stolly madet too - the impressive fire display from the exhaust was impressive when she stalled enroute (I think the guy waiting to come out of a side turning might have needed a change of underwear at that point). However she made it through the hells tangle of traffic that was the Dartford Crossing - very reassuring after all the past couple of years of woes!!

Taking the living accomodation down next Fiday and moving in on Saturday. Roll on next weekend!! :D:D

What's all this talk about Jewish Groups and Hippies??? Is there something else on next week I need to know about?

I hope all the space hasn't been eaten up, I can see there might be trouble like there was last year regarding space rage!:shocked:

What's all this talk about Jewish Groups and Hippies??? Is there something else on next week I need to know about?

I hope all the space hasn't been eaten up, I can see there might be trouble like there was last year regarding space rage!:shocked:

Lots of stuff going on at the Hop Farm, don't forget that the first official day for entry to the Farm is not until Friday 16th so no good moaning about the other activities going on there, they don't stop running things just because the W&P show is setting up..

All of Monktons is taken as that field is all allocated plots & so is most of Little Monktons, lots of space in Americas at the moment but that will fill up quickly as usual I suspect..

I believe the back field (Outer Monktons) where the Hez Fest is being held is going to be used for MV's again..

Went with mum in the 101 round the M25 to Gravesend and back earlier and saw a couple of Vietnam era trucks on the hard shoulder not far before Clacket Lane services. Also saw a jeep being towed by a car. Should be in the americas field next Sunday or next monday. Can't wait.

Sean (Protacman) & the Irish contingent arrived this afternoon & are in their usual spot in America's field..

Took a few snaps around the site..

Yep it's dusty already..

P1020153.jpg

Kyle's abode :nut:

P1020162.jpg

P1020168.jpg

P1020149.jpg

P1020150.jpg

P1020151.jpg

P1020152.jpg

P1020154.jpg

P1020155.jpg

P1020156.jpg

P1020157.jpg

P1020159.jpg

P1020161.jpg

P1020164.jpg

P1020166.jpg

sounds like everyone is having fun but loggy is right it is not good when you turn up mon or tues with one or two vehicles to find large areas roped off, often massive areas with hardly any vehicles in making it very difficult to find a space. A week off work still aint enough. show organisers ought to have more control and stop people being greedy.

Edited by Marmite!!
quote tags

sounds like everyone is having fun but loggy is right it is not good when you turn up mon or tues with one or two vehicles to find large areas roped off, often massive areas with hardly any vehicles in making it very difficult to find a space. A week off work still aint enough. show organisers ought to have more control and stop people being greedy.

Totally agree mate ! :angry