Major press day - Friday!

Friday the 18th is Press Day.

Folks this is causing a big stir within the press so on Friday we have invited the TV, radio and print media to a press call at lunchtime on the Friday to film/photo/record the tanks. This needs to be done on Friday so the broadcast media have to time to edit so it can go out on the 18:00 news on the BBC and ITV.

This is a big deal so I made the calls this morning to the tanks owners and most are making sure they are there for Friday morning. Adrian B said he would make sure he gets up extraordinary early so he can get there ( he said he would get up at 10:00) :coffee:

So if you want to be part of the action then if you can get here for early Friday morning as all of our vehicles are special and in my opinion it would be great PR for our hobby...

Also a rather posh school in Dorchester is having a bash and have asked if we can get some vehicles there (between 15:00 and 19:00) Paul M has been kind enough to say he would go so if anyone would like to keep him company then that would be great too!

Heliops has been kind enough to raffle a place in his truck for the Carnival parade on the Saturday - Mark the charity is for a kiddies hospice here in Dorchester and the seat sold for £200! Thank you very much!

The press will also be back over the weekend and the TV should be there to see us leave from Maiden Newton - 10:30 Saturday morning.

On Friday I also have to drive the route with the dispatch riders :)

We will also need to do some PR work for Claire from the famous Wellworths store here in Dorchester. So no punching, spitting or swearing please.

The magazines that we have coming from our hobby alone:

The Pathfinder Magazine

Britain at War

CMV

MMI

Modelers Magazine

WWII reenacting Magazine

Also I have my father coming so watch it! May asked Cripp if he can ride in his jeep and look after on Saturday (god bless you my son....).

Yours tired,

Jack.

Edited by Jack

Jack, you are a king!!!!!! I will miss the Friday press thingy, the cubed one and my dad plan to leave home Early Friday morning so may be there on time. I am getting quite excited about this event, cant wait too see you and give you a hug!:kiss:

Jack, you are a king!!!!!! I will miss the Friday press thingy, the cubed one and my dad plan to leave home Early Friday morning so may be there on time. I am getting quite excited about this event, cant wait too see you and give you a hug!:kiss:

Hey you charmer! I am doing the easy bit - all you guys have the work to do!

- pass the whisky.

I am aiming to come down thursday ,arriving mid after noon with a couple of bikes ,will that be ok and will the toilets etc be in place?

Nigel

Hi Nigel that would be great too! Loos will be in place.

And I spoke with Pete Brown yesterday regarding DR's. Perhaps you and I can run the route on Thursday - will have to check my diary as I think I have to go shopping with Chef Ives..............

Friday the 18th is Press Day.

Also I have my father coming so watch it! May asked Cripp if he can ride in his jeep and look after on Saturday (god bless you my son....).

Yours tired,

Jack.

Ask away, he doesn't require a pink cushion like his boy does he? :whistle:

As I think you noticed earlier,there is the Durnovarian Dingo for press,woolies,school etc

God save the King!

Pete

Was just stood on my office doors step having a cup of tea and a smoke then I must of looked like a deer in the headlights as Peter just turned up!

086.jpg

083.jpg

081.jpg

Jack we should have the Dodge ready by A+E, needed some engineering work on the block,head and inlet manifold, we should be there Thursday lunchtime (ish)!

I'll join you for that pint after all the running around mate!

Keith

Jack we should have the Dodge ready by A+E, needed some engineering work on the block,head and inlet manifold, we should be there Thursday lunchtime (ish)!

Keith

Jacks new motto? : When in doubt, scream and shout and run about :-D

Keith

Get it sorted Keith! Otherwise I have no slave driver!

I'll be there from Wednesday morning - early I hope so I'm game for a laugh - as you know.

I'm travelling through the night leaving Tuesday around 8pm -

As long as it's legal, I'll try anything once but reserve the right not to do it again if it makes me scream.

Markheliops

Jack,

aiming to be with you all early on Friday morning with my 5SW, happy to do whatever you need me to.

I cannot wait, its going to be an amazing weekend!

Jack,

aiming to be with you all early on Friday morning with my 5SW, happy to do whatever you need me to.

Many thanks and look forward to seeing you too! All I want you to do is enjoy yourself!

- no sleep until A&E.

Jack,

Yeah but hun, what you had in mind isn't what Jack wants you to do :shocked::shocked::shocked: