Hello from Airportable

Hello to everyone.

Will try to keep it short! I have had a intrest in many things military from a early age starting with bayonets and cap badges, moving on to re-enactment in the English and American Civil Wars (Parliament and the South) which I enjoyed for many years untill job got in the way.

2004 came and I bought my Airportable Landrover as my everyday car, did not know it was 24v, which I soon found out it had been a radio truck. Got intrested in taking it to events and soon got better and started my intrest in the British Army circa 1980's and in particular Clansman radio gear. It is now well full of Clansman and at events I display all types of kit and try to set up a command/sig. post (9x9, 7x9 tents) I do have a Sankey to transport this kit (which I need dont I Chevpol).

I have many questions and I hope to be able to contribute to the forum. I am new to the computer age,and struggle a bit. Hence my delay in my introduction, so please forgive me to answer any replys quickly untill I get the hang of it all.

Airportable.

Welcome along mate, nice choice of vehicle, can we see some pictures ?

Phil

Hi Phil, yea the best mode of transport I have ever owned, even after this last winter. Up till last week it has been my only mode of transport for the last few years. Photos, see my photo site http://andy.photos.de.com

Still a new site, a few picks of this years shows, displays and kit. Need to do a photo shoot of the radio set up. Watch this space.

welcome here airportable

i to am a lightweight owner and love it

look forward to the pics, are you coming to the bunker bash ?

regards

Ray

Hi Ray, sorry to say I cannot make it. Real pity as I would have joined in with friends in Forces80. I have a job where I work Sat. Sun. once a month. I do attend many events each year but tend to travel no more than 30,40 miles from home (we wont mention the price of petrol)!

Next outing will be Smallwood Ches. 29th,30th May.

Regards Andy.