blind panel beaters thumb!

griff66

well just got from my very first military show as a exhibitor at martells, excellent day good organization from mark and good show from martells all going fine some friends turned up with young kids so let them , well lifted them into front hatch ,having great fun they were , pulling levers pushing pedals untill one of those levers was the handle of a side hatch, two of my fingers in hatchway ! hatch did not slam cause my fingertips were in the bloody way........ FERRET FINGER!!!!!!!

How bad did it get you ? will you temporary be loosing the nails on both or did it hit further down ? Sorry to hear of your accident , I guess making some sort of wedge or spacer to keep the hatches from closing completely isnt much of an answer as you would need to put it in place and take of often so would not be used .

My Ferret bit me once, I was sitting on the drivers hatch in the arena at Beltring facing backwards. I had my hand on one of the side hatches when it slammed shut. It caught the tip of 2 fingers on my right hand, luckily it didn't cut them off. The pain was terrible, and it didn't help that it was the Sunday and I had to drive all the way home afterwards :(

years ago i know a true story of a pub in the doncaster area what won a ferret out of a magazine and let it stand in pub car park unused for kids to climb on one day one child nearly lost its fingers in the hatch ,the landlord was very upset and handed the logbook to an elderly chap who was smitten with the vehicle and told him to take it out of the way ,,,,wish i had been there ......:shocked:

Our Ferret hatches seem to be stuck open for the moment, I still don't trust them though! :D

The most painful injury I've had so far was when the bullet catcher box fell off the mount thanks to two ba**ards swinging the Bren round, hitting me on the head (a corner too). To add insult to injury, they climbed in the vehicle despite there being signs all over it telling them to stay out! I was furious to say the least! :-\

Regards, Lewis