Hello from a new member and Saracen owner from Green Bay Wisconsin, USA

GLeBur

Hi,

My name's Gary Rubel, I founded the Greater Pennsylvania Chapter of the Military Vehicle Collectors Club back in 1976.

I currently live in Wisconsin, and I own a Saracen Mk VI, a M274A5 Mule, and a Type 183 VSaracens, Saladins and Humber Pigs.

I own LeBur Industries, and I have imported more than 60 Ferrets, Saracensm Saladins, and Humber Pigs.

I AM LOOKING FOR:

1. Complete set of seat cushions for the Saracen

2. The sliding armored "skylight" assembly for the rear ring mount, to replace the uparmored steel plate currently fitted

My direct email address is glebur@aol.com

I welcome contact from fellow Saracen, Sallidan and Stalwart owners especially in the U.S.

mule7[1]..jpg

Rubel_Saracen_lef

• 1 month later...
Hi,

My name's Gary Rubel, I founded the Greater Pennsylvania Chapter of the Military Vehicle Collectors Club back in 1976.

I currently live in Wisconsin, and I own a Saracen Mk VI, a M274A5 Mule, and a Type 183 VSaracens, Saladins and Humber Pigs.

I own LeBur Industries, and I have imported more than 60 Ferrets, Saracensm Saladins, and Humber Pigs.

I AM LOOKING FOR:

1. Complete set of seat cushions for the Saracen

2. The sliding armored "skylight" assembly for the rear ring mount, to replace the uparmored steel plate currently fitted

My direct email address is glebur@aol.com

I welcome contact from fellow Saracen, Sallidan and Stalwart owners especially in the U.S.

Hi there, I got a Saracen too, a very tidy Mk5, I'm in Hampshire, UK.:-D

Saracen at Easter Camp 2009.jpg

My Saracen, a Sand+green, and a Green +black Ferret.jpg

07 May 03 Before Restoration #2.jpg

83 BA 78 in Arena Overlord 2009.jpg

Hi Gary,

Welcome to the forum from a fellow-Saracen enthusiast! I am from sunny South Africa. Impressive CV!

There are a lot of helpfull and knowledgeable people on this forum, you came to the right place.

Monty.

Slide7.JPG

Hi,

Hi Gary and welcome to the forum.

I was looking at the photo of your Saracen, a nice and tidy vehicle there, but notice it is a Mk6 with reverse cooling version and that the front air duct cowling appears to be discarded on the top of an adjacent container. Do you have any overheating issues with it?

regards, Richard

• 10 months later...

Hello... I am a recent US Saracen owner too... living in Ketchikan Alaska. I've been learning about my vehicle for a few months now. Love it, although I wish it was a little easier to check the fluid flywheel levels, and access the engine.

I was looking at the photo of your Saracen, a nice and tidy vehicle there, but notice it is a Mk6 with reverse cooling version and that the front air duct cowling appears to be discarded on the top of an adjacent container. Do you have any overheating issues with it?

regards, Richard

Anyone have any ideas on where I can obtain 12 X 20 Saracen tires (tyres)? Is there a current commercial copy available? My tires are in good shape, but I would like a spare or two. Thanks

• 2 years later...

regards, Richard

Hi, Richard

It has only taken me 4 YEARS to see this! I guess that I should log on here more frequently. I apologize for that.And YES! The Saracen is overheating, and we had to pull the front end and repair/replace a radiator hose that seemed to have been sliced by the fan blade. I generally run her with the second top covers propped open a bit. I have updated the turret with wire guided anti-tank missile launcher (French SS11) containers w/carriers on either side of the turret; removed the armored plate on the rear roof; installed a US WWII M49 ring with carriage & trolley in order to mount a M2HB 50 cal; and I am in the process of designing a mount in order to place a L39 20mm Lahti anti-tank rifle on the top of the turret. I also have the front shield and rear bell off the turret of the M113 ACAV APC, but there's so much stuff topside already, I'm about out of imagination for where to fit them......I am still looking for seat cushion bottoms and backs for all the troop seats. I am also in the process of fabricating a new aluminum full size fuel tank for the vehicle, which is taking a while, as it is a custom one-off, hand made fabrication project.

This fuel tank replacement project does worry me, as I don't want to blow up due to static electricity, etc. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Again, I am very sorry for my disappearance. Sincerely, Gary Rubel