beford MJ cab roof weight capacity

padwag23

does anyone know how i find out the wieight limit/capacity of the the 'roofrack' on the cab of the MJ??? the primary use for the structure is for mounting a weapon/observation and the weight of the person is supported inside the cab but the checker plate (non slip surface?) on there suggests that it's expected that personnel will get up there from time to time. if so does that mean that the structure has been tested and a weight limit calculated?

i'm buyin an MJ and expect to use the cab roof as a performance/dance platform. it seems solid and i wouln't hesitate to get up there but if a magic number exists it would be soooo good to know it.

thanks to anyone who can help,

paddy wagon.

You'd have to have pretty good nerves to want to dance up there, it gets pretty windy and it's a long way up!

Don't forget that the hatch in the roof is composite (think it's GRP) and so not weight-bearing - you'd just crack it and end up in the cab with a broken leg. The checkerplate is only a small section around the outside of the round hatch, so you'd probably want to weld a solid plate onto the frame over the hatch (leaving the hatch on) and then get on top of it from the bed - you can use the 'windows' in the front of the bed as crude steps. Also bear in mind most of them have been overloaded in the past and the checkerplate is unlikely to be flat!

Stone