I'd use the stairs

Tony B

"Hello, Leibherr Service. Erm - we need a No. 2 hydraulic pump drive coupling changed. Oh, and you'd best bring a long ladder....."

I was wetting myself until 1/2 way up when I noticed the machine had a couple of locking claws on the front of the undercarriage :shocked:

On the youtube clip its titled Liebherr Excavator climbing tower

In the comments section are these comments

ChappyBT While FoxRacing63086 may sound arrogant, he is right...any good operator should be able to pull it off with practice.

You'll notice the bucket arm has a special attachment built specifically to lock into the tower, and there are hooks on the front of the track body that catch rails on the tower when the machine is on it's tracks.

It's simply showing the strength of the machine's construction and the power of the hydraulics on it.

Duiss the point was to win a bet. it's from a german live tv show called "wetten dass?" (Wanna Bet..?). Individuals try to fulfill their bet in a given amount of time, which is set by the tv show. they also compete for the votes of the viewers who decide which of the individual different bets wins the show and takes home the prize money.

the show easily attracts 50% and more of all German speaking viewers

I saw something similar years ago where they were demolishing a building and jumbing from pylon to pylon uising the buckets, so it was real stuff.

Mental... and I say mental as I used to do a lot of crack testing on excavators :nut:

Biggest problem was the truck drivers change the trailer tyres with them, ie swing the arm around, push down, dont need a jack, but used to do a lot of damage

So what's with the Spice Girls on that show then?

This must have been in the days before Health and safety and if it wasn't how is the Germans can do it and we can't??? The guy standing underneath would have been locked up in this country if he did that!

I would have laughed if he blew a Hydraulic hose or seal!