Hello Everyone

Hello everyone I am Dave, I live in Northamptonshire and I am very glad to have joined the forum. I am 63 and between 1969 and 1981 served in the Army with REME as a Radar Techy.

I do not yet own a military vehicle but I do want to buy an Austin Champ some day fairly soon.

I well remember driving Austin K9s, Commers, Bedford RLs and MKs, Land Rovers and the truly exotic Morris 1000 Traveller staff car!!! Unofficially, off-road, I had fun with Stalwarts, 432s, Scammell Explorers, my regret is that I never had a go in either Leyland Martians or Antars.

I am the editor for the Dinky Toys Collectors’ Association and produce their quarterly journal. For this I have recently written a number of short articles on the fabulous range of Dinky military vehicles from the 1950s and 60s.

I still have three or four more articles to write to complete this series and I suspect I will be asking questions as I gather research material.

I hope to be an active member of the group rather than just a reader.

:-)

I thought you had to lay them off? (that was an invitation wasn't it .....:evil:)

Welcome aboard Dave and good to have you here!

- the Dancing Girls will be along shortly:shocked:

Best wishes,

Jack.

Edited by Snapper
bracket

In my yout I collected a few matchbox , dinky and corgi vehicles even then leaned towards constuuction and military models , sadly they were not treated kindly.

When I was a little kid, I practiced car crushing using a brick layers hammer and my brothers cars.......

He had annoyed me.... cant recall what