Pictures of members at Beltring...

I've got a couple of pics of Maud, your welcome to have a copy AR :-)

All contributions would be mch appreciated, thanks!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the Militant shots Richard - seeing them at the show brought back many happy memories - not least the one of the time I wandered off-road in a 6x4 tipper followed by a 6x6 GS, went over a rather large bump and looked back to see the GS sitting there rocking on it's chassis. the other driver had forgottten the tippers had a shorter wheelbase :evil: :evil: :evil:

Who was the girl with pink hair? I kept seeing her everywhere!

Chris

The young lady in questions name is Becky, Becky's dad was there in a ' i dont know what it was, but it was kitted out nice inside vehicle', im sure PC (mr.Connor) should be able to assist in the vehicles identification! :oops:

And give me a ride!:)

If I can get the Spartan there again next year then no problemo! Still not got it back yet though, bit annoyed as it's been there 3 weeks now :x and I have no idea when it is coming back.

Chris

If I can get the Spartan there again next year then no problemo! Still not got it back yet though, bit annoyed as it's been there 3 weeks now :x and I have no idea when it is coming back.

Chris

Be careful, leave it there much longer and the local travellers might have it in bits :-o

• 9 months later...

Mick,

Is that a canadian made sherman? the symbol on the front looks like a Montreal locamotive works stamp.

James

The logo on the front is the General Steel G in a shield mark. This was the US company that supplied the castings. It can be found on various armoured vehicles, not just Shermans. You are right about it being a Canadian sherman though, it's a Grizzly I, built by Montreal Loco. Now masquerading as a sort of Firefly.

Well take your pick

The last two years at Beltring has seen the Saladin in this pose

12_00EC85_Beltring.jpg

2005 it was stripped down on the Friday afternoon after springing a leak in a hydraulic pipe

2006 it was in that condition after the dual power control valve had failed at a show the week previous and the only time I had to carry out the repair was at Beltring. Unfortunately I was unable to get the part needed and I had to put it all back together and low loader it home.

However when the old girl is up and running she does a mean turn in the arena.

tucker_j-1.jpg

Beltring2003.jpg

Beltring05.jpg

Beltring2005.jpg

Oh and yes I've hugged it, kicked it, swore at it, stroked it and its only bitten me back twice

Edited by Marmite!!
photo links repaired