Pinzgauer 718

fesm_ndt

not sure the capacity as the owners manual and plating can be a bit bizzare.

eg my 4x4 has a vin plate i think with 5000kg on it, which caused mass confusion with licensing but it is plated as towing weight not laden.

One of my owners manuals state values and another one says refer to the body plate

• 2 months later...
Thats a tidy looking machine, any clue what size tank capacity it would have? I presume its kind of a first response vehicle then?

R

They're generally used as emergency tenders. I've only seen some used as "pumps" in Austria. They don't have a tank, they just pump directly from a hydrant.(Known as a "TSF")

• 10 months later...

The Fire Appliance is an LCP - Light Six-Wheel Drive Pump.

It is based at Church Stretton and has got a tank in it. It used for fires and other incidents on the Long Mynd, with that area being particularly difficult to get to with any other appliances.

It was used a lot over the winter as well when the snow came as it was capable of getting almost anywhere.

Edited by Smithy

Mike I wonder if Shropshire know that one of the BFG Muds is fitted back to front to others as side wall white lettering not showing. Although tread pattern not affected.

A little thing that would niggle me, but as it's not in private ownership I guess they are not bothered! :cool2: