Going to show type question.....

ArtistsRifles

Bit of a brain-picking exercise here... Apologies if it makes me seem a bit of a hopeless wotsit but....

The W&P event is the first I'll ever have done both in terms of an MV show and, for the first two days at least, without the other half so I'm after the opinions of those regular/more experienced in these matters.

Question being - whats the norm for eating on site??? I see from the paperwork that there is a couple of good restaurant type places on-site inc. one doing what looks to be a good breakfast.

I also see that there is a "NAAFI" store selling bacon, eggs, bread, butter etc. there.

Is this store competitively priced to make cooking for oneself an good idea or, as a solo, would it be better to rely on the site catering facilities??

Thanks all,

We are Dutch and UK prices are high compared to ours. :-(

The W&P prices are way to high for us to eat more than the occasional chips (2 gbp). :x

Our motto is, bring everything along or get a sponsor. :wink:

Hi Mate

Bring along as much as you can eat, all the prices are silly especially the beer.

I normally bring the normal, soup, beans, tin potato, egg, bacon, etc, only thing to get on site really is bread and milk

We always take trips out to the supermarkets nearby to pick up supplies, or visit the local chippy if we can't be bothered. The show food is expensive, and after a few days gets very boring. It always helps to have a military Land Rover so you can slip in and out of the show during the day un-noticed!

Chris

Yep-take your own if you can-the NAAFI is stupidly overpriced (seeing as there's a waitrose, and all the shop's of paddock wood within an easy drive). Even if you don't take a stove, if you're sociable and chat to enough people, you'll probable get invited to a Bar-B-Q every night :evil:

Thanks folks - looks like taking your own is the thing to do. An easy drive in a Landrover isn't so easy in a Stalwart! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Won't be too bad post Friday evening/Sat morning as the missus will be joining me and her car will be in the support vehicles park - just need to get through Thursday evening/Friday. :lol:

Think I'll get the Cadac gas BBQ out of the caravan and put it in the back of the Stalwart together with a cool-box with bangers, bacon, eggs butter etc. Oh yes - and beer :lol: :lol:

Only two weeks left to go!!!

We always take trips out to the supermarkets nearby to pick up supplies, or visit the local chippy if we can't be bothered. The show food is expensive, and after a few days gets very boring. It always helps to have a military Land Rover so you can slip in and out of the show during the day un-noticed!

Chris

Much more fun going in the Armour though & those Fox side bins are just made for shopping trips :-D

ONLY 3 DAYS TO GO

Only living 3 miles up the road, I will ask the wife to start doing breakfast and evening meals, at a good price of course :-D

Much more fun going in the Armour though & those Fox side bins are just made for shopping trips :-D

I can fit in those side bins - which is fine untill someone shuts the door :|

Chris

ONLY 3 DAYS TO GO

Only living 3 miles up the road, I will ask the wife to start doing breakfast and evening meals, at a good price of course :-D

We should be there Friday dropping another one of the vehicles off, the Fox..

I'm going to have some fun this year with flying/train arrival, will stock up in Paddock Wood on the way and do the usual camping "one pot wonders". Usually have the BBQ and gas range but with no car this year will be restricted to the wonder that is Trangia.

Have a mate arriving Friday/Saturday - he's flying in too but we'll probably extend to somewhere outside for a "sit-down meal" somewhere... I like The Bluebell (I think that's what it's called).

the pub at the entrance is a brewers fayre so the prices are set nationally & a decent meal will set you back about 6.00.

during the day there is a free bus service to the train station at paddock wood & it goes from outside the main entrance. you just have to walk over the bridge to the other platform & waitrose is on the corner. there is also a bakers,butchers, fruit & veg store, newsagents & a small tesco on the high street.

in the americas field on the far side is a walkthough the hedge to get to the next village, they have a great chinese & it is in walking distance with the food still being hot when you get back.

the onsite naffi is expensive but if you are really desparate for something they will bring it in for you if you ask them.( i have my mags bought in)

ta

Berni

Trangia sounds fine to me, thats what i'll be using (plus the odd takeaway probably!).

Just need to make sure i've got enough meths......... :-(

Cheers :banana:

Paul.

Bring beer not meths :nono:

Well everyone this is it :banana: the time has come when today at 17:00 I will be setting up at Beltring (Happy Days) so hopefully by the time you read this I will be :beer: I look forward to seeing you all as many as possible at the show :tup:, we will be in the quiet field so just look for a stolly (my mates) and a Reo M35A1 that I will be picking up on Monday morning (just brought it can't wait) :nut:, so please do look us up and introduce yourselves :hug:, as I will be to you lot.

Take it easy and all those who are going, have a damn good time and will be back on in 2 weeks time after today. :tup:

Well everyone this is it :banana: the time has come when today at 17:00 I will be setting up at Beltring (Happy Days) so hopefully by the time you read this I will be :beer: I look forward to seeing you all as many as possible at the show :tup:, we will be in the quiet field so just look for a stolly (my mates) and a Reo M35A1 that I will be picking up on Monday morning (just brought it can't wait) :nut:, so please do look us up and introduce yourselves :hug:, as I will be to you lot.

Take it easy and all those who are going, have a damn good time and will be back on in 2 weeks time after today. :tup:

Bumped in to Mark on Saturday, nice guy, thanks to his mate, sorry I'm terrible with names, for unloading Chris McMillan's CVR(T)'s today, just popped home to tidy up a few loose ends then back to Beltring until the end of the show..

Bumped in to Mark on Saturday, nice guy, thanks to his mate, sorry I'm terrible with names, for unloading Chris McMillan's CVR(T)'s today, just popped home to tidy up a few loose ends then back to Beltring until the end of the show..

Lee,

I was up there on Saturday morning, did not see you :?

Richard

Lee,

I was up there on Saturday morning, did not see you :?

Richard

I was there from 12pm untill 8.30pm with the Fox, same place as last year

Lee,

Just missed you, I left at 1145. Have you got the exact spot as last year? Should take a GPS reading of the corners of the pitch, then you might find the stake holes from last year!

Richard

Thanks again Lee, I hope they behaved ok. They can be a bit of a bugger to do tight turns in when cold!

Chris

Lee,

Just missed you, I left at 1145. Have you got the exact spot as last year? Should take a GPS reading of the corners of the pitch, then you might find the stake holes from last year!

Richard

Same spot, we pegged out three times but they kept making the helicopter field larger, they still wanted us to come out another 20m but we refused as that would of put the end of our plot in with you.. see you there

Thanks again Lee, I hope they behaved ok. They can be a bit of a bugger to do tight turns in when cold!

Chris

Yours coughed & spluttered a bit but was ok other than that, off now see you at Beltring