Alex from Cambridgeshire, Ive lost a dukw!

lostadukw

Hello everyone, My name is Alex and I have lost a DUKW. I know it sounds a bit careless but it was an old rusty dukw sitting on Sibson Airfield cambs. It was removed without my knowledge and no one will tell me where it has gone. I have a V5 log book for it, so it has been "Taken Without Owners Consent". TWOC is a serious crime so I have not called the police.....yet (I dont want whoever has it to panic and scrap it). I would simply like my dukw back, if you know who has it tell them to contact me. I will not press charges if returned. Its easy to recognise... very rusty, no interior, bedford engine, wrong roof hoops and a folding ladder where the winch should be.

I think it has been taken for an enthusiast. I have contacted the haulige company which removed it and been passed on through a group of people who all claim they dont know where it is, the haulige co claim it was dropped off in a quarry to be collected by someone else. It will be a shame if I have to get the police involved as TWOC is serious and there will be consequences for all involved, sadly the driver of the low loader will prob get the blame/fine/prison/criminal record. It might have to come to this if I'm not told where it is.

I was going to restore it, sadly I had an arson attack that destroyed my family business so could not afford to. I sold it on ebay a couple of years ago. The new owner had not yet collected it and I still hold the V5. Now he wants his dukw.... and its gone.

I think it has been taken for an enthusiast. I have contacted the haulige company which removed it and been passed on through a group of people who all claim they dont know where it is, the haulige co claim it was dropped off in a quarry to be collected by someone else. It will be a shame if I have to get the police involved as TWOC is serious and there will be consequences for all involved, sadly the driver of the low loader will prob get the blame/fine/prison/criminal record. It might have to come to this if I'm not told where it is.

Welcome.... sorry but I can't see what the problem is in reporting it?? if you want it back make the call.... can you post some photos of it

Edited by Marmite!!

So you know where it went initially, you know the hauliers that collected it but you don't want to report it...

Do you actually know who's got it and using a public threat of police involvement to get it back?

Seems odd not to contact the police as a first point of action... I know I would if it were mine...

I was going to restore it, sadly I had an arson attack that destroyed my family business so could not afford to. I sold it on ebay a couple of years ago. The new owner had not yet collected it and I still hold the V5. Now he wants his dukw.... and its gone.

Sorry to say it, but this does sound odd.

You sold it on Ebay two years ago, and the owner didn't make any attempt to collect it during that time?

We he paying you for storage, and had he been in contact with you at all?

Technically, once he had paid you (assuming again that he had) then it becomes his property.

Don't forget that the V5 just means that you are the registered keeper, not necessarily the owner.

I assume that the new owner had been to view it, so knew where it was?

Sounds suspiciously like a scam to me.

Sorry to sound negative, as I know how horrible it is to have something stolen, but something doesn't seem right here.

As others have said, something doesn't quite add up here, you are not prepared to report it to the police & have provided no details of the vehicle (Reg Number/Photos/serial numbers).

The moderating Team have discussed this & have decided to lock this thread, please do not repost in another thread. If you would like to provide any usefull information please PM it to us & we will look at it to see if it's worth posting,

HMVF Team

Edited by Marmite!!