The Outpost - Film

ajmac

As far as British Horror films go, this must be in the top 10. I haven't seen a good modern one for a while now. I just finished watching 'The Outpost' on the laptop with earphones so I couldn't vouch for the sound in 5.1 but it was well shot, atmospheric and all the weapons / kit were well thought out.

It's on DVD, quite cheap as it came out in 2008.

Ghostly SS troops still manning a bunker on the former Eastern Front after 60+ years - sounds cheesy, but it works well.

You have got to put it in context, I don't think the british film industry has made a Horror film in that vein for years. Any post 2000 US ones are full of lazy direction and editing with young green actors.. For me Outpost had great back track, sound effects, iconic visuals, authentic set design and some half decent acting. But hey, that is just my opinion.

Outpost was all filmed in Scotland, and i seem to recall the bunker was a wooden construct built within a church in glasgow, considering the budget it works well, like Dog Soldiers, cheesy yet entertaining.

Do yourself a favour, dont bother with the recently released "Zombies of War" it looks like it was filmed at an MV show, and then had really bad aircraft special effects from a playstation game edited in, somebody should take the distributors to court for producing a totally misleading DVD cover! it is possibly the worst film i have seen.

I enjoyed Outpost, thanks for the warning about Zombies of war!! Saw it in asda the other day and thought of getting it!! One to see has to be Zombieland, Americas version of Shaun of the dead, very funny and the best start to a film ever!!! Metallica, zombies and blood!! lol!!

I enjoyed Outpost, thanks for the warning about Zombies of war!! Saw it in asda the other day and thought of getting it!! One to see has to be Zombieland, Americas version of Shaun of the dead, very funny and the best start to a film ever!!! Metallica, zombies and blood!! lol!!

Zombieland was cool, especially the survival rules.