from Australia

norm79

Hi everybody,

I recently joined your forum as I have been interested in Military vehicles for many years, over the past 30 years I have been photographing both old and new vehicles, mostly Australian with a few others visiting this country on exercises, and I am also interested in British WW2 vehicles, quite a few of these turned up out here on the roads post WW2.

I served with the CMF 6 Field Rgt as a gun tractor driver for six years between 1963 and 1968, when the Rgt used Studebaker US6 GS vehicles, followed by the International Mk3, a great vehicle.

Cheers,

Norm

Beachmere,Queensland

Hi everybody,

I recently joined your forum as I have been interested in Military vehicles for many years, over the past 30 years I have been photographing both old and new vehicles, mostly Australian with a few others visiting this country on exercises, and I am also interested in British WW2 vehicles, quite a few of these turned up out here on the roads post WW2.

I served with the CMF 6 Field Rgt as a gun tractor driver for six years between 1963 and 1968, when the Rgt used Studebaker US6 GS vehicles, followed by the International Mk3, a great vehicle.

hi Norm,

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it.

regards, Richard

Hi Norm

I heard (from someone who should know) that the Australian Army still has some studebakers in reserve. Do you know anything about this?

Tim

Hi Tim,

I would be very surprised if we had any Studebakers left, all that we had at 6 Fd were disposed of as the Mk3's arrived around 1965, a few tippers and Workshop vehicles lingered on, the last one I photographed in serivice was a GS with water tank fitted for fire duries at Fort Direction in Tasmania.

Cheers,

Norm