Weather

woa2

Has anyone any idea of the weather we will have this Summer? I haven't heard any long-range forecasts myself and wondered if anyone else had any idea if it is going to be a wet/sunny/dry/hot/cold summer this year.

Has anyone any idea of the weather we will have this Summer? I haven't heard any long-range forecasts myself and wondered if anyone else had any idea if it is going to be a wet/sunny/dry/hot/cold summer this year.

Robert,

After the Met Office predicting we would have a "BBQ Summer" last year, I would not trust their long range forecasts. They are only really good up to 3 days ahead.

After the Met Office predicting we would have a "BBQ Summer" last year, I would not trust their long range forecasts.

Yes but they maintain that they also predicted it possibly might not be & so feel they were right all along!

Yes but they maintain that they also predicted it possibly might not be & so feel they were right all along!

:undecided::undecided::undecided:

Clive,

What gets me is the forecasters start giving a prediction for the following weekend on Monday prior. As the end of the week nears, the forecast starts to slip a day or too, so if they said Sat was going to be start of a fine spell, you will find they are getting to Thurs and saying the fine spell starts on Mon.

Why bother, no wonder they are the butt of jokes and annoy people. >:(

Richard, I think the basis of the barbeque summer they later said was of the order of 60% certainty. So when it wasn't they stood by their prediction that they said there was a 40% chance of a poor summer. So they claim that they were actually right!

Richard, I think the basis of the barbeque summer they later said was of the order of 60% certainty. So when it wasn't they stood by their prediction that they said there was a 40% chance of a poor summer. So they claim that they were actually right!

Clive,

With forecasting like that then you can never be wrong :-D

its global warming driving around in big mvs isnt helping, the earths getting hotter every year even though its the worst winter weve had in 30 years ?:???

Curiously "Man made warmists" say that proves their point, because if we are colder then somewhere else is warmer. When we have a warm winter they say that also proves their point!

As far as forcasts go & I'm not a Paxman fan, but I think he puts it all in perspective here:

My Beltring prediction;

Monday and Tuesday clouds, windy and a bit chilly.

A lot of rain on Wednesday resulting in temporary mudsurfing opportunities.

Thursday some sunshine in the morning but it will get hot in the afternoon.

Rest of the week hot in the daytime and cold at nights.

What do I win when it turnes out correct?