Tankfest

Big Al

Did anyone go the TANKFEST on sunday 25/06/06?

We had a total of 49+ running museum vehicles, MVT, Army and reactors, It was wet on sunday but that did not stop us, every 15 min's there were vehicles in the arena. Tiger 1 was running ( I was lucky and had a ride in the comanders seat on a test drive) Tiger 2 was static display. There were Tanks from the 1930's to the present day all running. John Pearson from this forum his son and myself spent most of the week getting Matilda II and crusader III up and running. We had some problems with them but got them running OK for the sunday. All tanks and vehicles returned to the workshops under there own power at the end of the day a welcome sight to all the volunteers and workshop staff who have spent a lot of time getting these rare tanks running for Tankfest. It was an privilege to be part of it, cannot wait for the next one there is talk that it may be has soon has 2007. Thank's john.

Big Al

:-) :-) :-) :-)

A friend, who has been attending Tankfest since its first efforts, has advised me that actually getting into Bovington, and then parking and actually getting into the show, was the worst he can remember. There appeared to be superb facilities for some guests, and yellow card holders, but as a "friend" there appeared to be not a lot. Any comments?