Merry Christmas Honey

fesm_ndt

Hi, that looks to be a very good museum , my other half would not be pleased at the best of times if I was to take her to a place like that or any place with mechanical objects for that matter ,,, as for working Xmas day I don't think I'd get away with changing an engine like in the past , But like I say to her "the animals still need feeding" ,

All the best

I heard there maybe an armour museum.... :idea:

I can plan that one for Valentines day..... as long as I take flowers :-D

fesm ndt

Nice pictures fyi the rail thing shown in #8 is Whickams Rail Car, also used by the Portuguesse in Goa and the South Vietnamese army in the 1960s,

The carrier in #16 is a GM Ct15a

and the Armoured car in #20 is a Daimler Mk1

Cheers to yours and others input, all updated. Last year, started rebuilding a Lightweight, this year a Pinz. After reading the posts in here I am keen to go around snapping every MV I see and I travel a lot.

The bike is a Triumph 3HW. There are pictures of it on the web captioned as a Norton. I had wondered where it lived.

Quite a nice looking bike. Also had a Red Moto Guzzi parked next to it.

A pity as most old tin ends up in the scrap bin over this way

Not to be outdone by the great pictures by Mr FESM NDT I also did some follow up on a question I had asked him and found this picture of Supacat MK3 from his neck of the woods.

R

It is really hard to find info on what they got over here. I think mainly because:

- A lot of websites here as phishing sites or just rubbish

- English is not the primary language of the military sites.

One good site is military photos and have some more Supacats:

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?p=2627166&highlight=supacat#post2627166

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?p=2873382&highlight=supacat#post2873382

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?p=3834179&highlight=supacat#post3834179

I have not seen one in the junkyards 'yet'......

• 4 years later...

Well the missus went down with some friends on the weekend and visited again. They have updated some exhibits and it is quite surprising to see a Scorpion in there now

[ATTACH=CONFIG]90157[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]90158[/ATTACH]