Merry Christmas Honey

fesm_ndt

As discussed I was told by my friends and colleagues that it would be in poor taste to work on the Pinz on Christmas day.

So I had a special day with the wife as I took her to the Army museum. I know, I'm a softy :cool2:

So, of course I took piccy's of the MV's

First a Stonefield Goomba

No it's not Luton

[ATTACH]17446[/ATTACH]

This is a memorial to the soldiers as it was hit by an RPG during the insurgency. The impact area is easy to spot as well as the fragmentation or spalling inside.

[ATTACH]17447[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]17448[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]17449[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]17450[/ATTACH]

Nice Winch

[ATTACH]17451[/ATTACH]

One in a bit better shape

[ATTACH]17452[/ATTACH]

Mike,

Good photos, thanks. The first photo of a Ferret was mysterious, I see it did not have an engine or transmission, but think it may have been a diesel conversion, maybe by GKL who are based in your region. The telling point is the silencer is on the opposite side.

What you thought might be a Staghound is actually a Daimler Armoured Car.

Happy Christmas :)

Hi, that looks to be a very good museum , my other half would not be pleased at the best of times if I was to take her to a place like that or any place with mechanical objects for that matter ,,, as for working Xmas day I don't think I'd get away with changing an engine like in the past , But like I say to her "the animals still need feeding" ,

All the best

Mike,

Good photos, thanks. The first photo of a Ferret was mysterious, I see it did not have an engine or transmission, but think it may have been a diesel conversion, maybe by GKL who are based in your region. The telling point is the silencer is on the opposite side.

What you thought might be a Staghound is actually a Daimler Armoured Car.

Happy Christmas :)

I thought there would be some quirks on the versions here. For some reason I was having a very close look at that. Then I came back and saw the post regarding a Ferret silencer repair!! Making silencers here, in stainless is peanuts.... I should start a business shipping them :-D