Marshals wanted

Folks we are looking to build a team of Marshall's for A&E.

In my opinion, the success of this event is going to be down to the marshaling - in all of its forms.

So we are going to need help with that. Nothing to complicated - traffic control to points of contact for the public and fellow mv'ers. You will be issued with an orange tabard with Staff/Marshal on the back.

You will have a name/ID badge around your neck so people can speak with you as a human.... And you will have a walkie talkie so you are in complete communication with the rest of the team.

And it will be done my way - (we have all come across those that change into power freaks as soon as put a yellow fluorescent tabard on) So you need to be polite and well mannered and helpful. You will be completely briefed on the whole event, the when, where, why and whos....

The pay is awful and so too is the amount of holiday leave per year.....:coffee:

Please apply within.

Cheers,

Jack.

Edited by Jack

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

i thought i had already vol entered / been press ganged for the service:shake: for a glass of cola and two custard creams a day ?

Ashley

Thanks Ash and your Jeep will come in more than handy!

It's a bit early for me and my lads to commit to help out. I'll start bending their ears in the new year. Jack, PM me the details of where and when etc, so that I can copy and paste them on to my forum. Ta!

Love to play Jack. The trouble is working shifts, like many here, it is difficult to make a long term comitment. Maybe a development of the idea would be a Marshall Training weekend, then you have a supply of people who have the basics and can fit in at short notice.

Good morning Jack, I would like to volunteer but this is going to be dependant on what the cubed one is doing and if he can look after the cubelets. Even if its only for an hour here or there to fill in for lunch/tea breaks etc

cant commit yet Jack, I would love to help, depends on Helen and Martin, and being able to get 4 days off!!!!!

I used to marshal at a local bus show, try telling bus drivers what to do, like hearding cats!!! I was also at the national garden festival here in Stoke in 1986, on the car parks, fun!!!

Mark

It can be a delicate balance. Some people really do seem to believe they are god in a hi-vis and some drivers feel the guidelines do not apply to them.

Amen to that and it is why I said this..

And it will be done my way - (we have all come across those that change into power freaks as soon as put a yellow fluorescent tabard on) So you need to be polite and well mannered and helpful. You will be completely briefed on the whole event, the when, where, why and whos....

A interestingly this is why we are going to use orange vests and not yellow....

Oh no, my googles are orange tinted, everybody will look the same!

Sorry ..........I misread that.....I thought that was an i.............

Would like to offer to help jack but I can't make a definite commitment at the moment , hopefully I will be able to later on .

Amen to that and it is why I said this..

A interestingly this is why we are going to use orange vests and not yellow....

You missed a bit out Jack:

So you need to be polite and well mannered and helpful and carrying a pick-axe handle. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: