Non-military - Blackberry mobile devices

ArtistsRifles

Here's once for the more comms/phone-tech savvy ones out there:

Vodafone just upgraded my old Nokia phone free of charge for me - to a Blackberry Storm. All well and good until the SIM is installed - the Blackberry then point blank refuses to recognise it has the SIM in it. Put the SIM back in the old Nokia and all works well.

According to Vodafone the SIM is the right one so - other than a stuffed phone from Blackberry which is not an auspicious beginning - anyone got any ideas? I've tried the recommended hard boot of the Blackberry and cleaning the SIM's surface - nothing works though... :cry: :cry:

I took the sim out of my old phone & put it in my Blackberry & it worked first time...

Harry had this problem about a week ago, his new phone wouldn't recognise the sim... turned out to be a naff sim, they sent him a new one & it worked fine. May be a part of your sim is corrupt & the Blackberry can't read it??

Went with Voda because it was, literally, the only network that can/could get through into a sheilded computer suite!!

Would have liked the iPhone - but Voda could not give me a firm date as to when it will be available. Guess I will have to go down to Lakeside and "talk" to the Voda store there about another SIM.... Not an auspicious start to the new unit....

What's interesting is in the network settings (for the phone network) it says it's on T-Mobile 3G... :shake::shake:

Mobile Phone Forensics is my day job!

i-phones are just crap in comparison to alot of other phones on the market, nice design and display, which breaks easily, get a Silicon rubber protective case for it as soon as you get it, they will charge you a fortune for a screen repair, and the battery is fixed in-situ, so when its only holding a charge for a short time, which wont take long, they are power hungry phones, its off to your dealer or back street bodger to sort.

Crap camera, crap video you pay for all of the apps needed to make it any good.....it goes on.

But look on the bright side, commit a crime and get caught, the amount of data the police can extract from it is very high, we love em!

:cool2:

Something from Nokia like an N96 decent zeiss lensed camera, good phone, its a nokia so easy to get fixed/unlocked everybody sells the spares, tons of features, everybody has a charger it doesnt break as soon as look at it, and load up your own MP3 music without all of that silly i-tune locked to a computer thing. Proper grown ups phone.

Most people i know with an i-phone cant wait to get rid of them!

OK folks - sorted. Seems the SIM was too old. Went in to the Vodafone shop at Lakeside yesterday and the nice young lady there took one look at the SIM and went "My god haven't seen one that old in ages"! Redeemed herself though by asking if I had ever used the phone as it still looked like new.:).

Anyways - she cloned the contact data onto a new SIM, plugged it in and all was fine!! Still got the N85 so I will get that unlocked and use the spare Virgin Media 3G SIM I have at home as a back up.

Thanks to all for the advice!!!! :):):)

• 4 weeks later...