UK military registration numbers

radiomike7

Hi Mike , I had a look at the list and I found that my Explorer reg is dated as 1951/52 but she has 55 stamped on almost every part I find a number on including the chassis which has 3/9/55 stamped in it ! Any thoughts appreciated !:-D

If this is correct: JSU 704 (94 BD 08) Daisy Andy Fowler, Meadows Petrol :thumbsup:, then it should indeed be 51/52 according to other info I have.:confused:

50BD00 to 99BD99 ran from 51/52 as far as I am aware, BP would have been 54/55. More research needed as I note yours is a 'mk2'.

If this is correct: JSU 704 (94 BD 08) Daisy Andy Fowler, Meadows Petrol :thumbsup:, then it should indeed be 51/52 according to other info I have.:confused:

50BD00 to 99BD99 ran from 51/52 as far as I am aware, BP would have been 54/55. More research needed as I note yours is a 'mk2'.

Thanks for the info Mike ! Maybe the "ran from 51/52" means that this is when they start using those numbers and they then keep using those numbers for that particular model regardless of its year of manufacture until those numbers are all used up and then they allocate a different batch for further vehicles produced ! Just my interpretation , not sure really !:sweat:

Thanks for the info Mike ! Maybe the "ran from 51/52" means that this is when they start using those numbers and they then keep using those numbers for that particular model regardless of its year of manufacture until those numbers are all used up and then they allocate a different batch for further vehicles produced ! Just my interpretation , not sure really !:sweat:

Sounds plausible, I've seen an awful lot of FV432s with an ##EA## reg...including some mk3s!

Stone

Hi All,

Just as a matter of interest, regarding 432s. A big batch of them are **EA**. We have been trying to link the hull nos to vrns, mine is 10EA15 with hull number 815. DavePs is 17EA69 with a hull num of 1569, we managed to see 17EA68 and it has a hull num of 1568. Also 08EA41 hull num is 041. Notice any pattern, well we thought so until you go to 05FA68 and it num is F303 ?! And Dave's fv434 01ED15 is 042, but they appear to follow that the block of **ED** allocated to fv434s 01ED15 was the 42nd built.

Are you all still awake??????

Regards

Dougy

Hi All,

Just as a matter of interest, regarding 432s. A big batch of them are **EA**. We have been trying to link the hull nos to vrns, mine is 10EA15 with hull number 815. DavePs is 17EA69 with a hull num of 1569, we managed to see 17EA68 and it has a hull num of 1568. Also 08EA41 hull num is 041. Notice any pattern, well we thought so until you go to 05FA68 and it num is F303 ?! And Dave's fv434 01ED15 is 042, but they appear to follow that the block of **ED** allocated to fv434s 01ED15 was the 42nd built.

Are you all still awake??????

Regards

Dougy

I have found the same problems when trying to list all the known CETs, the sequence between chassis number and military registration suddenly goes out !

All are in the FD series. But found 2 with KJ on them.