steam engineer

Hi everyone. recently acquired a part restored AEC Matador artillery tractor which I intend to have running for next years rally season all being well. My main interest is in Steam world and restoration and in fact is our business as well. Since acquiring this project I have found some very interesting people and owners of these wonderful vehicles. As this will be a big undertaking on top of all our other projects I have decided to try and find a tractor already restored. Looking mainly for one built during WWII and with the tropicle roof. If anyone has one or knows of one for sale I would be viry interested. Please take a look at my web site to see some of the work we do and our collection of large toys. We recentley held a vintage rally at our works at Easter Compton, Bristol and we attracted some very nice miliatary vehicles and equipment, next years rally will be October 4th and 5th where we hope to have much more

http://www.joeslocoworks.co.uk thanks Joe 01454 633361

Hi Joe, I'm new also - but welcome anyway ;)

Within a (long) walking distance from my home is a "mini-railway system" where they drive 5" or 7" trains (sorry can't remember exactly), incl. steam powered ones. I took a lot of photos last summer when they had an open day - maybe I can once post them somewhere. Its located next to a River Rhein, so its right at the border of Switzerland and Germany. Steam is absolutely fashinating way of powering anything, it always is a surprise how quiet they are when they are standing still. But when they move, I just love the "real train sound". Steam is good for all senses.

I was checking the steam trains they had in this railway and it was fascinating to see how many details were lovingly machined. They are not toys anymore...

A friend of mine got into trucks because he also has few similar trains (althought electric ones - but he's also building a railway system on land which he purchased about 10 years ago). He needed a transporter for his train so he found out the cheapest thing to get, is propably Land Rover from Fire Department. So he bought one, then realized how great cars they are and since then he bought more and more and more, now he has maybe 50 Land Rovers (actually I have bought one Land Rover and Range Rover from him earlier - including my FBW truck!) - many are Forward Controls, but he also has maybe 30 trucks, few military and rest are mostly firetrucks. It only proves that all smaller scale train enthusiast are absolutely crazy bunch of people - which is a positive remark :)

Coen