Caterpillar D8

Stormin

Spotted this at Hope show, Derbyshire.

Amongst the tractors but attracting quite a bit of interest. It dwarfed eveything else there!

It dates from WWII and was used on the Normandy beaches Dday +4. Restored my a couple of local chaps with several helpers. Must be quite well known on the show scene, it's not exactly inconspicuous, but the first time I've seen it.

DSC00279.jpg

DSC00280.jpg

Hope show is one of the better regional shows.I usually go every year as a good friend helps run the equesrian section and another friend is involved with St Johns Ambulance at the event. The only reason I did'nt go was because I had to pick some panels up in Newcastle for my Celica which I am restoring.

Is this the Caterpillar which featured in CMV last month?

Yes it's a good show, kept our family interested most of the day. Unexpected bonus seeing such a cracking military vehicle.

Don't know if it's the one in CMV, haven't seen a copy for a while. Can't be too many of them about so I guess it could well be. Someone else must surley be able to confirm

lol......

yes it was the one at W&P I looked after it all week for the owner, John pearson and myself had a drive of it in the arena, it was an expriance I will not forget for sometime. Its was with Rex cadmans BARV and Johns valitine along with the friends of the tank museum stuat and ferret.

Big Al

hi there is actually another d8 knockin about it lives in the bedford area and is older than that one i delivered some stuff to the guys house and he showed it to me he has it on a rogers trailer being pulled by a diamond t really nice set up thanks mark

ps that one was also in the cmv mag under the duxford show heading

Yes it's a good show, kept our family interested most of the day. Unexpected bonus seeing such a cracking military vehicle.

Don't know if it's the one in CMV, haven't seen a copy for a while. Can't be too many of them about so I guess it could well be. Someone else must surley be able to confirm

Wow,Storming, it is the highlight of my month getting CMV... Must be my age,I suppose!:)