John Marchants farm 2009

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi mike drove the martian and used it for lots of recovery jobs. only repairs i ever did was change the clutch and put new windscreens in, after it was nicked and used to knock down a wall made from engineering bricks. I also remember cutting up an old scammell of yours. It was you that got me into this expensive and time consuming hobby, thanks mike

Thanks Rick, I knew Gordon when he worked for Spire many years ago. His boss Terry bought my Martian 10 ton GS which was stored at Bletchley Park for a while.

When and where is John's meet, I have never been?

I remember a Martian parked at Stacey Bushes at a recovery firm. It's not the same one is it???

Thanks Rick, I knew Gordon when he worked for Spire many years ago. His boss Terry bought my Martian 10 ton GS which was stored at Bletchley Park for a while.

When and where is John's meet, I have never been?

When you worked for spire can you remember an AEC 0854 6X6 (MATADOR) with twin boom garwood recovery kit on it ?

When you worked for spire can you remember an AEC 0854 6X6 (MATADOR) with twin boom garwood recovery kit on it ?

While on the subject of recovery vehicles can anyone remember Midland fuel injection from duston northampton they had a scammell pioneer that later went to Blucars of Bugbrooke northants any ideas anyone?

October 2/3/4th. Just outside of Old Stratford- Cosgrove. Ring Gordon if you want details or will PM them to you. Informal gathering, lots of space to drive around in. Be good to see you there, will be up myself Sat and Sun.

I can make it on Sunday, what sort of time does it all start?

bloody horid thing but it could sure winch. best job was recovering a r.b. dragline that had pulled itself into the river. also used john huckles martian 'animal'. we rebuilt the rear suspension but i cannot think of what happened to it when we left hanslope.

bloody horid thing but it could sure winch. best job was recovering a r.b. dragline that had pulled itself into the river. also used john huckles martian 'animal'. we rebuilt the rear suspension but i cannot think of what happened to it when we left hanslope.

It now resides on my brothers farm nr desborough we bought it a few years ago from a farm nr Towcester its very rough but is ideal for spares