Help - Best Jeep Parts Supplier

Wolfy

Hi All,

I have a 42 Willys MB on its way from America, anticipating the inevitable parts list growing :sweat:I'd like to hear which Jeep suppliers people use. Most important is price and good customer service.

Also doesnt anyone publish a printed parts catalogue anymore?? I find it so infuriating that you have to ring up for a price for a nut and bolt but I guess it all comes down to price of printing catalogues.

Many thanks in advance :-D

Colt

i have used most ie jeep parts and so on but the best that i have come across is Tony of TS Auto's phone one day and its at the door next also has grate customer service

T.S.Auto's

tel : 01474 703131

Perryvale

Fawkham Kent

DA3 8NZ

I'm a regular Dallas Autos customer, never had any real complaints.

I can see the point about using the closest one to you, though. You can visit, find what you need, check quantity / quality, and pick up some extra essentials. Getting parts by post is a PITA, especially since my 'local' parcels delivery offices are 18 - 25 miles away.

Gordon:argh:

Some good feedback thanks.

Jeeparts was the main one I found but no prices on their catalogue.

Presumably Tony is old school with no website?

Dallas autos is in Newbury which is clos(ish) good advice on nearest dealer, will try an internet trawl.

Colt

Tony is old school sends parts out with invoice a very trustworthy guy and he takes back parts at no charge for re stocking

If he has not got something then he will tell you where to go

ring after 9 and avoid 2.30 3.30 as he pops to post offiice to get parts with you next day

no credit cards prefers cheques after you have the goods

Steve Rivers and co at Dallas Autos get my vote every time. As a bonus it's not far from me and makes a good drive in the country. They're always happy to see you and he's always willing to offer plenty of great advice. Their excellent customer service wins it for me. :-D

Thanks guys.

Can I extend this slightly and also ask......

Are most of you guys buying Original/NOS where available or Repro parts?

Is there a view that repro shouldnt be the way to go? I can talk all day about Land Rover parts but Jeep stuff is all new to me.

Are repro parts 'shunned' in Jeep world? :nono: Just conscious they are historical vehicles etc.

Thankyou

Colt

There are some parts you can't get any more, unless you are willing to pay ££££

Dealers used to sell original parts with some repros, now they are selling a higher percentage of repro parts, but the quality of the repro parts has improved dramatically too.

Sometimes a dealer will have a repro part at £x and an original part at £2x, you just need to decide what you can afford.

Typical reproduction parts would be speedometer and temperature guage, both of which are now available as excellent repros at a reasonable price. The earlier large civilian-type Dodge speedo has recently become available as repro through Vintage Power Wagons.

Repro parts to keep it on the road, replaced with original when I can find/afford them which then leaves me with a decent repro spare. I'd like to keep it as original as possible but some compromise has to be made. I bought some NOS dash lamp wires a while back and they cost a fortune (for what they are), then I started wondering why I'd spent so much on something nobodys ever going to see :-D

Edited by melchy
typo