CVRT tent and Ferret?

Lord Burley

Used to use one on my old ferret.

You can not tension them properly as there is not a big enough flat surface.

Got round this by putting a pole through the lashing loops of the tent, then tying the pole to the turret lashing loops.

You can also hook it up in trees, on a fence, or the side of a building!

Mine works well on the side of the Pig, but there is quite an expanse of body covered in hooks and racks to tie it too.

Good tents though, with its built in ground sheet and the overall shape they seem to work quite well when the weather gets a bit "Inclement".

Were you looking for a CVRT tent?

If so, I have a couple of spare ones.

They need work, some have small rips (no more than 2"), others need repair to zips, but at £25 are cheap enough to allow for getting this done.

The only tent I use with my Ferret is the CVRT one - I have two spare poles from the tent itself and these are just long enough to sit on the Ferret wings to hold the shape, obviously the middle 2 tie points fit off the turret.

so yes can be done but as we all say, you need extra poles at each end

Command Troop 15/19H had Saracen ACVs replaced by brand spanking new Sultans in 1979. Because the Sultan came with its own very nice issue bivvy, they no longer needed the old, acquired Chieftain bivvies that the Saracen crews had used (well 15/19H had only recently converted to Recce and we had a lot of kit acquired over the years).

As rebroadcast Ferret commander, I was delighted to have a cascaded-down 4-man Chieftain bivvy to serve a two-man crew. Stuff the problem of how to erect it. If we were not located in a barn, where we didn't need the bivvy, we would be in a wood. Erect the bivvy between a couple of trees, facing outward with a view wherever possible, prepare the maggots to sleep in, lay out coffee table and chairs, crack a couple of cans and sit and savour the view.

What a civilised way to keep 3 Shock Army at bay.

Memory tells me the other rebro crew used the smaller 3-man CVR(T) bivvy. Everything else was equal but Dave and I had more living space.

• 8 months later...