Changes to DVLA registration

Surveyor

I will be contacting the DVLA to get some advice, but appreciate comments to assist from the forum.

Looking at the vehicle and checking on type it appears the rear seats have been removed, asking for what is on V5.

I have no indication when done.

The question is assuming the DVLA say no record is it okay to replace seats 

Next thought, if removed prior to civie registration but restoring to original how do I stand

If you want to change a vehicle so that it differs from what is on the V5, just do it and then notify them in the way that it asks for on the back of the V5. If you are changing it TO what it says on the V5, just do it. Then the paperwork will fit the vehicle and everyone will be happy.

Of course the insurance companies are getting fussy about modifications to vehicles being notified to them, which can even include factory installed optional wheels.

David

Insurance companies can get very funny about seats with LR's ,   around 1980 - many would not touch a 7 seat proper Solihull built S3 Safari 88" (IIRC this followed a heavy claim on Eagle Star).   There can be complications with a 109" /110"  TAXI   and  ISTR some insurance companies would not touch proper Safari unless the very rear (inward facing) seats were removed.   They don't like LR 'Vans' or rag-tops with rear seats.

Edited by ruxy
spelin

The British Forces removed the rear seats from the Land Rover fleet as they could not be fitted with seat belts. The only Land Rovers currently in service with a rear seat are FFR and RWMIK versions, the FFR seat is removable and not used when on the road, the RWMIK seat has an attached seat belt.

As far as I understand all seats must have seat belts, which must be used. If you don't have seat belts for all seats then your vehicle will not pass the MoT test.

23 minutes ago, johnwardle said:

The British Forces removed the rear seats from the Land Rover fleet as they could not be fitted with seat belts. The only Land Rovers currently in service with a rear seat are FFR and RWMIK versions, the FFR seat is removable and not used when on the road, the RWMIK seat has an attached seat belt.

As far as I understand all seats must have seat belts, which must be used. If you don't have seat belts for all seats then your vehicle will not pass the MoT test.

That may be the answer thanks