2016 National Historic Vehicle Survey.

MatchFuzee

Only takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete:-

And the at the end after getting all the details on your vehicles, their value and how you secure them, they ask for your postcode! I dont think so!:cry:

That's funny, that was my thinking too!

I had found the link to the survey on the Austin Seven Friends' forum where some of the posts have been security related, although they have found that the survey can be submitted with just the first part of the post code.

FBHVC Survey posts on Austin 7 forum:-

http://pub25.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=2099944454&frmid=5&msgid=1009069&cmd=show

The point of this survey is to give the FBHVC some figures to quote when lobbying on our behalf.

You don't have to give any specific details and you may even be a bit inaccurate with some of the exact details.

Basically if the government want to change laws that may affect our hobby then they have some figures to quantify the size/nature/value of our pastime and maybe argue how valuable it is to the economy or conversely how little our effect is in other respects.

I might think that it would be better to underestimate how many miles you cover in your 2 gallons to the mile armoured car and overestimate how much you spend on visiting events and maintaining your brakes. I don't suppose that it matters much if you can't be bothered detailing every vehicle as long as you list something like one restored vehicle and one under restoration; so your presence is noted.

Did mine last night. 5 vehicles entered, 2 Saabs, 3 Ex-military, minimising the estimated mileage and giving the higher of the estimated figures on expenditure. That way the tax returns to the Gov't might make them think twice about any adverse changes. And I only used the first part of the post code too - survey was happy to accept that.

But why do they need a postcode? I seem to recall they already asked for a County or Region as the location.....surely that is enough........unless in the fullness of time you want to flog off the database......like many other institutions and charities. I am afraid I do not trust any of these people with data and it is, collectively, their own damn fault.

Like I said you can be vague or withhold your complete inventory as you see fit; but my opinion is that it is better to take part in some way than not at all; just so your head is counted.

However I did raise the subject of the link with the officials of the FBVHC (although I am in no way involved) and the upshot of this is there is now a clear link from their main website homepage to the previously given link to the survey, which may provide some assurance that it is genuinely FBHVC originated.