1941 Morris Commercial 8cwt PU Restoration 2014

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Original camo on my PU . Camo appears to be two greens , the lighter tone is overall and the disruptive is darker , the desert light stone was applied over the camo. The small patches of grey paint you see was applied by Lanes Motors of Melbourne, they sold the PU in July 1945 to a civilian owner . Lanes also sold CS8's , they were the Morris Commercial agents in Victoria, as such they had first option to buy the surplus MCC trucks in Victoria and sell them to farmers .

morriscamo.jpg

Edited by goanna

I love the way you will be preserving parts of the original paint! :)

On the camo panel, is the brown in the middle rust or an earlier coat of brown?

trevor

Hi Trevor, no, the brown is paint, there is a whole mixture, of Khaki Green number 3, dark brown and 'Tarmac'

I had Mike Starmer look at it a while ago and he said it was very helpful and quite a valuable record of shades.

waw , starts to look like the real ting , splendid job . ;)

How did you fitted the glass in to the windscreen frames ? This is my next work on my C4.

Guy.

Hello Guy

the frames come apart, on my PU they are all made of Brass, and unbolt, on some of the later windscreens you get a brass bottom rail and the rest is steel.

you can see the bolts at the top corners, the bottom corners are a little harder to see and remove, there is an 'L' shape bracket inside the glass grove, the 4 countersunk screws are removed from the outside, two in the side frame and two in the bottom frame in each corner.

if you have new glass made, remember to have it shaped for where the bolts go through for the windscreen wiper, it needs a slight hollow.

cheers

Jules

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...