Tank Batteries

Whilst Marcus is a top bloke and those batteries are undoubtedly cheap, I have personally always got on better with buying a good quality branded equivalent, Varta or similar. They will cost considerably more but seem to last a lot longer...

It's all in the weight ! I have used these batteries in a collection I help look after, they are ok when new and properly looked after, however I personally use the original Hawker military ones which are physically the same size but weigh at least 1/2 as much again.

Had them long the batteries?

the previous owner bought them some time ago he did make a point of saying he looked after them.

there £100 each have a 2 year guarantee . I paid as much for a varta for my range rover which has been a right pain and replaced twice.

see if you can get a deal at a battery supplier but you wont get much change from £100 for a big battery.

Really, that's good to know. Yes vartra is probably a good move, would you think around 240 amp's would be healthy for a 14 L v8? Thanks.

Assuming it is 24V, 14 litre V8 would be a walk in the park of a pair of these:

redtop.jpg

Plus you'll wipe the smirks of your mates' faces when you stroll up to the truck swinging one from each hand (they have a strap), pop them on and crank it over!

Edited by N.O.S.

Assuming it is 24V, 14 litre V8 would be a walk in the park of a pair of these:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]89594[/ATTACH]

Plus you'll wipe the smirks of your mates' faces when you stroll up to the truck swinging one from each hand (they have a strap), pop them on and crank it over!

Nice one buddy!

It's all in the weight ! I have used these batteries in a collection I help look after, they are ok when new and properly looked after, however I personally use the original Hawker military ones which are physically the same size but weigh at least 1/2 as much again.

The main difference is that the Hawkers are gel (AGM) batteries which are maintenance free and have a lower internal resistance and self-discharge rate. The Marcus Glenn batteries are conventional wet lead acids. You get what you pay for!

Andy

Nice one buddy!

My friend (who is an Optima dealer) put a pair of these on a customer's 12 cylinder Paxman genset engine which was reluctant to start and the owner laughed in scorn - until it burst unto life and he laughed for joy :-D