• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Field Maypole. Created from local materials and stones. Used when a regular maypole would give your position away. Raised edge provides cover for the Morris Dancers during use. :)

A sort of rural ENSA festival of the stones Lauren? Not quite that sort of thing I'm afraid.

Well if it's drawn by the same bloke as the last one it's Gandalfs hat with triangular holes each side...

I thought you were going out to a disco or something Bernard? I'm afraid I have no idea who that is, he a footballer?

Coal, stacked, for the thorough saturation of... :-D

Alec

No coal Alec we've established that these are all stones.

If I'm not giving too much away, the instructions indicate that this "is eminently adapted for stony or rocky country". I presume that in non-stony areas it might be difficult to construct as there would be a shortage of building materials!

IT looks like its all man made the soil dug out to form a earth retaining bank
Yes indeed it was Wally but the bank has two purposes.

if it is filled with water why the need to have two channels ?
Not filled with water

Is it to designed to heat water? The sun's rays on the pyramid of stones and water in the gulley, and used for washing purposes, maybe clothes? Assume a plan view of this it would be circular, or is it a cross section?

Richard you are getting warm, it is circular & as Andy established it is a cross sectional view. But it was intended to keep water out.

Is the drawing the final state, or is it an intermediate step? Andy

A shrewd question Andy, this is the final thing from a building point of view although when operational additional products will be put in place.

(Going off air in a few mins Dads Army)