New book. "British Military Trucks of World War One"

Great War truck

I have been a bit busy over the last 12 Months and have put together a book which has been published by Tankograd. I was thrilled that Tankograd published it as I rate their military vehicle books very highly indeed. I was rather pleased with the end result:

IMG_3652_zpsf381d0f4.jpg

There are some photographs of the inside pages on the Tankograd website if you would like to scroll down to the bottom:

http://www.tankograd.com/cms/website.php?id=/en/British-Military-Trucks-of-World-War-One.htm

You can get the book directly from Tankograd, but UK based military book dealers will receive it soon. Should be on sale at Stoneleigh in a few weeks time.

Thanks for all your enthusiasm and positive comments so far. I do hope you all enjoy it. I would think that the price equates to 10p per photo so I think it is worth it.

It is thought that there is not a great deal of interest in WW1 trucks hence just a limited print run. The publishers think that 500 books will sell within the first couple of Months and then after that the rest will be around for years. I am still uncertain as to what will happen. I understand that the super book "ROD on the Western Front" was a run of just 1,000 and sold out quite quickly. They seem to go for a lot of money on Abe books now.

Mine arrived late yesterday, and it's impressive.

Well done Tim, of course the ratio of RFC/RNAS kit to the rest should be 2:1, but i'll let you off :-D

More seriously, a very good book and already recommended to a number of colleagues and friends.

Just received the book which has ruined my working day as I have been unable to put is down.

The picture of the Kelly Springfield reminded me of one possibly Great War, I saw when I was a boy which I think was at Michael Banfield's, I wonder if it is still around?

The book is superb, so many quality pictures, it must have taken some time to assemble such a collection.

Tim, your name is now well and truly etched into the WW1 Vehicle movement for all time.

Tom

Just received the book which has ruined my working day as I have been unable to put is down.

The picture of the Kelly Springfield reminded me of one possibly Great War, I saw when I was a boy which I think was at Michael Banfield's, I wonder if it is still around?

The book is superb, so many quality pictures, it must have taken some time to assemble such a collection.

Tim, your name is now well and truly etched into the WW1 Vehicle movement for all time.

Tom

Tom

Couldnt agree more!!!

Mine arrived an hour ago and all thoughts of work have gone away

Simply Stunning!!!!!!!

Tim- I was reading my copy at work yesterday and Andrew Cormack, keeper of uniforms, found the picture on the middle of page 12 interesting. While my attention was focused more on the Leyland, he pointed out the RFC Sergeant is wearing the first pattern uniform introduced in 1912 and discontinued when replaced by the second pattern in 1913. Which makes it even more likely the photograph was taken in 1912/13.

Mine arrived late yesterday, and it's impressive.

Well done Tim, of course the ratio of RFC/RNAS kit to the rest should be 2:1, but i'll let you off :-D

More seriously, a very good book and already recommended to a number of colleagues and friends.

Ah well, I didn't want to spoil the planned sequel "British mechanical transport of the Royal Flying Corps and the Royal Naval Air Service". Well maybe one day. We will see.

Anyway, I am pleased I got the date right on the Leyland. That is good news and I am really pleased that you are enjoying it. No second hand ones have appeared on E bay yet so that is a good sign.

Excellent Tim, best by far for a very long time. The quality and attention to detail matches that of the Dennis and Thornycroft and gives everybody the opportunity to share the Gosling family's excellent work with something easier to put on a shelf than a Dennis. Very well done indeed.

Congratulations Tim on a truly beautifully presented book. I have just received my copy this morning. Postage to Australia was almost as much as the book but well worth the wait and price. The number and quality of pictures is amazing.It is one of the best books I now have in my library. Well done!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Tim Thank you so much for writing this book and sharing your photos, my copy arrived today and it's brilliant. I have loved early lorries ever since I first saw Mike Sutcliffe's Leylands at a Steam Rally but I don't think he has done one as a lorry. I have a copy of the Leyland Man but the only other good early lorry book I have found is a copy of G.N.Georgano & Carlo Demand Trucks 1896-1920 in the local secondhand book shop about 10 years ago.

• 3 weeks later...