GMC 352's

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had to move the trailer out of the blasting bay today, so heres a couple more pics of the truck hitched up to the trailer, also a pic of the closed cab now in primer after blasting. I think the closed cab once fitted is going to look alot better than the open cab, even though it is nice to have the wind blowing through your hair,well thats if you have any.

Howard

IMAG0627.jpg

IMAG0626.jpg

Edited by HWade

The repair to the back of the cab has been done and has been primed and top coated. The dash board has also now been finish and refitted to the cab, and the rewire is about 3/4 done. I now have the doors to prepare and paint.

Howard

IMAG0636.jpg

Edited by HWade

Well here is a bit more of an up date, I have now received the registration number from DVLA, and it was a very painless process. The truck now has the centre decking and back decking in place, this was made from 4"x2" primed and painted.I also made an electrics box that is situated behind the cab for the suzie cables to go from this to the trailer, there are two cables one for braking and the other is for the lights ect.heres a couple of pics of the truck so far.

Howard

IMAG0650.jpg

IMAG0647.jpg

I never did understand the preference for open cabs, that closed cab looks so much better.

If only I could have afforded the extra license I'd have been interested in an artic unit,but not now.too many snow tractors to finish.

Hello Gordon

Yours right the closed cabs do look so much better, just a bit of a sweat box in the summer.

Howard

Where Gordon comes from he only has that problem on a couple of days of the year.

I've followed this thread with interest,really nice to see something different and someone who's prepared to put the effort in to produce a class restoration.

Pete

Hello Gents

Thank you for your support, I hope to get the truck out on saturday for the road test, subject to a rain free day.I have a few more stencils to do, and things like the data plates, headlining,and also some new seat covers to fit. Thats it for now will post some more pics once complete. Next thing to do will be move onto the trailer.

Howard

Hello Paul,

Yep once I know the truck is all up together and has a few miles under the bonnet I shall start on the trailer, the inside of the trailer has now already been stripped out back to the wooden skeleton and the insulation,so I am ahead a bit.I also have all the new ply wood for lining it out with.I would like to get the brakes all sorted first, so I need to get the Hydrostar brake controller from the US.

Howard

Hello David see you later this morning,

Well it was the moment of truth today, the truck went out for its first run.A Friend of mine David who is restoring a Dodge Carryall, cane along for the ride. After 2 or 3 miles I pulled over to check for any leaks ect, loose wheels, every thing seemed ok. So we set off again. I am happy to report all went really well and the truck pulled very well. Just a few bits to finish off, will be a case of waiting for parts to arrive or try and source them.

Thanks

Howard

Hello Joris

Thanks for that, the ride in the truck was great, hope to get to one event this year but I will see how it goes. Now about to start a full chassis up rebuild of a Bedford RL AFS fire control unit. So I am going to be busy for a while.

Howard