W&P site facilities

LoggyDriver

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Degsy I can't see why you are getting so worked up over this, if you attend this show I could understand but you don't, so why are you bothered:confused:

I am not as you put it 'worked up'. you are the one who is so sensitive about any adverse comment, trying to whitewash or cover up all the same problems that go on year after year. You should take a step back, look at things objectively and then perhaps you might persuade your buddy Rex to spend some money and put right the perrenial problems. If this happened then I and a lot more like minded people might then support what could be a top show instead of a notorious one.

what could be a top show

Already is Degsy... just read all the threads, the positives well out weigh the negatives... & those that do moan & say they won't go will probably be back next year, they always are.

you are the one who is so sensitive about any adverse comment

I'll just take your comments with a pinch of salt, as you don't attend the show I consider your thoughts as not having much merit..

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
. I'll just take your comments with a pinch of salt, as you don't attend the show I consider your thoughts as not having much merit..

You have to admit Lee its turning into a Carnival.I know you feel quite strongly about the amount of civi stuff in places it shouldnt be.you make an attempt to put on a display as i did and around us we have civi caravans badly covered up,some belonging to members,a display opp us that was a platform truck that never moved,which is fair enough if it had a board telling people all about it.An american police car in the Re enactors field.whats that all about.On one hand we have mad max in a reo trying to run everyone down.Partys till 4am by people who have only come for just that.And my next door neighbour complaing to my visitor about the noise

coming from his exhibit he spent hours making,at ten min past 9 because he was trying to get his kids to sleep.and his effort was a platform truck cheap camping if you ask me.Its all getting out of hand,think i have just talked myself out of it next year unless i go B&b.I do know a lot of people who did moan about it in the past and never came back,most have very interesting trucks with great history,sadly its on the slippery slope i feel.CW.

The mayhem is the same every year & yes we all moan about it, it's just part of what makes up the W&P show.. but at the end of the day you make your own entertainment & all that just fades into the background.. the one thing that has changed this year is the amount of civy stuff passing as MV's, stick a UN or KFOR sticker (even a Redcross) on anything and you're in.. caravans, I suppose that's a sign of the times, all the folk that started going years ago are now a little bit older & want a bit more comfort.. there was even a motorhome in a WW2 display, didn't get what all that was about (Wayne will have sleepless nights over that one)

As I said everyone moans every year but nearly all will be back next year... where else can you break down in a tracked MV, pick up a spare engine, have a crane on standby & change the engine in the field?? I wouldn't miss it for the world...

Edited by Marmite!!

I wouldn't miss it for the world...

It is addictive,but i think i need a more civilised sleeping area.:-D

Already is Degsy... just read all the threads, the positives well out weigh the negatives... & those that do moan & say they won't go will probably be back next year, they always are.

I'll just take your comments with a pinch of salt, as you don't attend the show I consider your thoughts as not having much merit..

As with everything it has its good points, the engine change being a particular example but to keep trotting out the same old ie you don't go so your views are irrelevant smacks of the Dodo and we all know what happened to that. The days of shows like Beltring are numbered and Rex is shrewd enough to know it, he is also laughing himself silly behind the backs of people like your self and all those red shirted 'officials' who strut around and mostly just succeed in looking bloody silly. By all means push the good side but refusing to see the major problems or worse just ignoring them is a recipe for oblivion. Who would have believed you just a few short years ago if you had said The Royal Agricultural Show would fold in 2009. The writing is on the wall and Beltring will self destruct in a very short time unless big changes are implemented.

As with everything it has its good points, the engine change being a particular example but to keep trotting out the same old ie you don't go so your views are irrelevant smacks of the Dodo and we all know what happened to that. The days of shows like Beltring are numbered and Rex is shrewd enough to know it, he is also laughing himself silly behind the backs of people like your self and all those red shirted 'officials' who strut around and mostly just succeed in looking bloody silly. By all means push the good side but refusing to see the major problems or worse just ignoring them is a recipe for oblivion. Who would have believed you just a few short years ago if you had said The Royal Agricultural Show would fold in 2009. The writing is on the wall and Beltring will self destruct in a very short time unless big changes are implemented.

PERHAPS, we should be looking forward, & supporting MM as the replacement for Beltring?..................:cool2:

I am NOT connected with MM in ANY way.

Mike. :coffee:

from a first time visitor point i really enjoyed it although i was only able to stay one night, saturday i thought the atmosphere was good went down to 2 bars for a couple of bears took the kids to the fair and went back to the tents i could not believe how quite it was except for my brother in laws snoring, got up early saturday had a look round the vehicles went round trade stands picked up bits, that ive been searching the net for with no success went to the arena watched the display, one of our group lent me his motorbike had another look round then packed up and went home.i think maybe if i was going year after year then i would get bored and if i spent more days at the event i would also get bored but next year i hope to spend 3 nights there.

i think maybe if i was going year after year then i would get bored and if i spent more days at the event i would also get bored but next year i hope to spend 3 nights there.

Bored? Not found that so far, been going for 20+ years & always something new. For the last 3 years I have taken a different vehicle & I know others who rotate their vehicles, let alone new acquisitions & new entrants. So there is always a fresh mix of stuff & of course the stuff you didn't get round to seeing the year before!

I was only there for a week yet only saw about a quarter of the exhibits, I wish it was in full flurry for say 2 weeks. There are plenty of new people to meet & old contacts to be rekindled. I find no need to buy the entertainment in the evening there is plenty of hospitality & plenty of laughs to be had around the various camp fires. But even just walking around in the evening engaging with an owner of a vehicle of interest to you can easily lead to a beer & an exchange of humour & chat.

As for catering, bars & bogs. I take my own food, booze & bog. I always sleep with ear plugs & never got woken up at night.

My only regret was being unable to get a request played, but that IS another story!

.My only regret was being unable to get a request played, but that IS another story!

I know that story.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Could be that they couldn't understand his accent don't you think?

I think it was the full porta potti that threw them.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think it was the full porta potti that threw them.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

CW did you know I was in the next tent to Clive. Full potties are NOT good then.... And you know Clive likes his curries.

CW did you know I was in the next tent to Clive. Full potties are NOT good then.... And you know Clive likes his curries.

No i didnt mate did we meet,Clive ate nearly all the curry at the barby:sweat:

No i didnt mate did we meet,Clive ate nearly all the curry at the barby:sweat:

Yes we did meet!

You talked about your dealings with the police with regard to the armoured car (picking up cash) being illegally parked.

Daniel

Yes we did meet!

You talked about your dealings with the police with regard to the armoured car (picking up cash) being illegally parked.

Daniel

Gotcha :-D

cw,

is that the same curry you brought and did t eat as it was a few days old :-D

:shake:thats the one.:-D

Outer Monktons for you next year mate ! :-D

That was suggested .or B&B put tent up for the day time though .or maybe the recruitment caravan will be ready.:cool2: as the lease runs out at work in November may just end up as trailer trash,or ditch crawlers.Sold it all:shocked::-D

For those wondering about the request attempt on Radio W&P. I believe a man with a poor command of the English language & a full portapotti tank went into the studio cabin requesting a hit record by Gorki Butchek titled "bing, bang, bing, bang, bing" that had been at number one in his country for 10 years.

Apparently the DJ was unable to spell it or find it. An alternative was suggested in the form of a Lulu record. But this was declined by the man as Lulu was apparently banned in Kazakhstan.

The next day a text request was sent to another DJ. This was read out in an Eastern accent, but the record was not available.

I believe the man so distraught with the shame that had been brought on his family by not getting his request indicated various things would have to be done to his goat, culminating in him having to eat it. He asked whether sending his wife along would he facilitate the request.

I happened to hear the DJ that morning who referred to a text he had received & merely suggested that plenty of seasoning should be applied to the goat.

So that is what I heard.