GKN Saxon owners , Bedford M owners ?

ruxy

Well we can all joke about this but because it is shown incapable of driving up that mound there is very likely a genuine reason why it did not.

Agreed, probably driver training issue, too higher gear, low box not engaged etc etc................

Comments on the video showing a Saxon having problems going up a hill say the drivers are still being trained.

As a combat vehicle it is horribly outmatched but it was not designed to go up against tanks.

It was designed more for policing and moving troops to a battlefield (battlefield taxi) in 1980's Western Germany.

It was designed to protect against small arms fire and shell fragments.

saxon was based on the tm.

i had a saxon in bosnia 94 and they climbed the mountains every day without trouble but they did get stuck a lot when it was slippery, only the reme variant had diff locks on both axles, the grunts only had them on the rear ! the real problems happened coming down the hills when the drivers would ride the brakes causing them to fade and the saxon would always go over the edge, luckily none of the lads I was with died but the week after we handed over to the next unit 3 were killed when it rolled down the hill !

rick

I have a pic of one somewhere upside down I will try and find it