Two P-51 Mustangs in Photo Shoot at Breighton

I spent the weekend at Breighton Airfield in Yorkshire for their 'Summer Bash'. On Sunday, Maurice Hammond brought his collection of two P-51's ( Janie and Marinell ), PT-17 Kaydet and T-6 Texan into the airfield for the day. This gave my 'Follow Me' jeep its first chance for operation in anger, leading the P-51's to their dispersal! The photos below show the arrival, taxi in, photo shoot and departure.

p51a1.jpg

p51a2.jpg

p51a3.jpg

He broke another car? He's not very lucky when it comes to cars!!

Broke the clutch on this one. Can't trust him with anything!!

But fantastic pictures and god it must have been unbelievable to have TWO spitfires flying over...

Spitfires!!!!!???? You mean Mustangs!!!

VIDEOS

Driving my 'Follow Me' Jeep at Breighton Airfield, leading Maurice Hammonds two P-51's in to the dispersal area. We couldn't get too close for health and safety reasons! but it was great fun anyway, and that prop looked very big and close looking out of the back window.

A few clips of aircraft taxiing & flying, helicopters and Taff's race car. Nothing too spectacular as it was filmed on my compact stills camera, but it gives a taste of the event.