Dodge Carryall

longydagun

How much was the Carryall offered to you for?, was this a 1/2 or 3/4 ton?, so much depends on work required and how complete it is, some parts are very difficult to source

I bought a 3/4 ton Carryall in 1996, to restore, my eyes are still watering!!, I thought majority of parts were there, wrong, never listen to a dealer, any some 8 years later it did make the road.

Regards

Hello all.

I thought i would post on here to find out people opinions of how much a unrestored dodge caryall is worth??

I have one in my eyes but the figure given made my eyes water!

AL

It sure does look very original....what eye watering price are they asking?

Well the guy wanted 10,000 Which i thought was very expensive because the iterior needs alot of work and an engine will need to be sourced.

There is a few spares but no where near enough to complete it off of these spares and alot of more expensive stuff needed.

Al

I think I got £9000 for mine some time back, which was complete but not as original as that one.

If you have ALL the Carryall-specific parts, and spares for things like rear window winders, and seats, tailgate, liftgate, all that stuff, you could easily spend £10k buying bits.

It is an early one too, note the symettrical headlight guards. Might even have a leather interior.

If you want it, but remain unconvinnced, bid a lower figure like 8 or 9k and see what happens, but do check it over.

I do have a selection of Carryall "how to's" on my pages...

http://www.gwim2.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/carryal4.htm

Like Gordon said its important its as complete as possible.

Things like tailgates can be hard to find.

Seat frames can be bought repro but original are again hard to find.

Still these are relatively rare so worth getting more info.

The tail gate all need replacing the whole interior needs to be done and the seats are non existant. There is alot of work need doing to it which will cost me what i pay for it in spares and getting stuff made up that cant be sourced.

Unfortunatley it looks as if this is out of my reach!