Springs not so boinggggg

R Cubed

Evening all,

I am in need of having a couple of springs made which have been gas axed in half, my question is how do I get them replaced, of the bits which are still springy can a spring company work out what the original springiness would have been, does anyone know of a good spring company willing to produce 2 new ones.

Are you talking about leaf road springs?

If they are made from the same size leaves and "set" (the amount of curvature) as the original springs - they should be the same springiness as the originals were when new.

The spring characteristic is all down to the dimensions, not the heat treatment which should be to a consistent and age-old standard for traditional road springs.

Try finding a local commercial vehicle spring supplier (ask your local HGV parts factor)- they will deal with one of the big manufacturers/reconditioners and can normally get them in a day or two.

Edited by N.O.S.

Ooopps no not leaf springs, coil springs does not seem to be progressive as all un heated coils are the same distance apart and pics of them show all coils the same, just 2 open coils about 10 mm wire with approx 100 mm dia on one and 50 mm on the other and a length of about 500 mm.