What is it?

ArtistsRifles

MGB81 sometime MTB416 now restored as MGB81 by the British Military Powerboat Team although they've used diesel engines in place of the original Packards.

And one of the last people I expected to get it comes in first!!! :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks for this Degsy - any idea how old she is????

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

I was at the trust when the superstructure was being built to patten on the floor.

Its for sale Half a million.It is not kitted out inside,about 5 knots faster than Horatia

due to the longer water line length.Tony if you want to know about the blockade runners i can tell you all you need to know.Cmdr Peter thorneycroft was one of the commanders.The Paxman engines were a disaster,they kept breaking cranks.

Niel you obviously dont follow anything i post otherewise you would of seen the video.Catweazle meets MGB 81,dont know why i bother.:rofl:

Ironic its now fitted with German engines donated by MAN,ex ferry engines

v12s.The restoration of this and MGB 102 have nearly bankrupted the familly i believe thats why its for sale.you would have to be brave to take it on.Some nut allways wants to try and get you to race.:-D

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

If you want to know about the blockade runners type in Gay Viking,no its not a joke.They were built at Campers in Gosport,thats where we were moored,andy worked for them for many years ,a sad loss.they were responsable for many fine ships including the J class racing yauchts.

I was at the trust when the superstructure was being built to patten on the floor.

Its for sale Half a million.It is not kitted out inside,about 5 knots faster than Horatia

due to the longer water line length.Tony if you want to know about the blockade runners i can tell you all you need to know.Cmdr Peter thorneycroft was one of the commanders.The Paxman engines were a disaster,they kept breaking cranks.

Niel you obviously dont follow anything i post otherewise you would of seen the video.Catweazle meets MGB 81,dont know why i bother.:rofl:

Ironic its now fitted with German engines donated by MAN,ex ferry engines

v12s.The restoration of this and MGB 102 have nearly bankrupted the familly i believe thats why its for sale.you would have to be brave to take it on.Some nut allways wants to try and get you to race.:-D

BE veeeery carful CW. Snapper and Jack will be looking for magazine articales. :cool2:

And one of the last people I expected to get it comes in first!!! :rofl: :rofl:

OY Neil:n00b:.......keep up will you, I've been understudying the Admiral :coffee:for the last 60 years:captain:

• 10 months later...

Just dug this up as this thing was parked at Gunwharf Quays (the ex-dockyards-now-shopping-village) last weekend, certainly looked very good, I'd have it over one of those Sunseeker thingys any day. If I had half a million quid spare. And had bought all the other toys on my list. :-D

Great looking boat, just a thought........interesting to read that the speed increased when underwater exhausts where fitted, how would that work, would the increased thrust not be cancelled out by the power loss due to increased back pressure?

Given that there would be a fair bit of thrust from three Merlins bellowing away!

Great looking boat, just a thought........interesting to read that the speed increased when underwater exhausts where fitted, how would that work, would the increased thrust not be cancelled out by the power loss due to increased back pressure?

Given that there would be a fair bit of thrust from three Merlins bellowing away!

I presume the air under the boat decreases drag.

A bit like "Floating" on air rather than water.

I presume the air under the boat decreases drag.

A bit like "Floating" on air rather than water.

I was only thinking of the exhausts being at the back but lower, I suppose if they where under the hull what you say makes a lot of sense, good thinking..:thumbsup: