Forum Down, 4th May 2009

Marmite!!

Sorry about the forum being down, this is due to a problem at the servers end. The forum may be up & down over the next few days & will probably be slow at times too until they have sorted out their problems..

Panic over then - I couldn't get on here or the Pathfinder website earlier this afternoon . Need a word Jack......HELP....

Tell me about it Dave - we use the same host as HMVF :sweat::sweat::sweat:Sam was on about changing hosts the other day...reckon he may be right.:argh:

It is working now but rather slow.....

Finally got onto the Pathfinder site Jack but I'm not entirely sure that the e mail I've just written has been delivered - should I pm you on here too - don't want to be a pain (any more than usual that is )

Hi Dave - no problems - you can PM here whilst the site is being slow :-D

Thanks Rob and here is what the problem has been........

At 1.05pm we began experiencing issues with our Core routers. We identified that the cause was a 400% increase in packets per second in to our network.

The problem was a DDoS attack against our network, this was malicious. We have now identified the problem and removed the site that this attack was aimed at. We are working closely with the data centre to put steps in place to prevent any further re-occurrences.

I would like to personally offer my sincere apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

Best regards

Adam Heavens

Managing Director

Server Centre Limited