French wrecker

I am too thick to post pics,just cant seem to work it out,have to wait for my Son to help me.

Hi Goldfinger,

If you scroll down the page that you write your message on you will find manage attachments ! Click on that and it gives you the option to browse your photofiles and just click on the one you want to post ! Even a computer numpty like me can get there !:-D

I know Mike but I can drive it to shows for him and he can drive it on the many acres of concrete roads and tracks around us (private ground).Ben is not like most 18 year olds as he has no interest in cars,music or playstation games,he lives for trucks and military vehicles.He had his first vehicle at 13 and has had many since,he is now starting a vehicle collection and I figured that a wrecker would be prudent. As I say he is not a regular 18 year old,he left school at 13 as we opted for self Education and he has been working in the family buisness ever since.Some of our mates have huge collections and I think he is influenced by that.Look forward to meeting you at Rushden when we pick up the Brockhouse wings.

Its a nice looking truck, and I prefer the visible main winch to the hidden under the body where anything could be happening Mk3 Militant winch.

I once saw a Mk3 where they had fitted a Hydraulic Boughton between the crane stays, on the back deck, and had given up using the flat winch in preference to one where you could see the cable laying on.

The Flat "Wild/Scammell" winch is one reason I decided I would never own a Mk3 Militant recovery, this seems a much better set-up.

What provision is there to Anchor the vehicle when winching?

I bought the Berliet for my son Ben for his 18th Birthday,he also has a Zil 131 with a 150 Cummins conversion.

Christ that must have taken some wrapping!

Could he tell what it was?:-D

An impressive looking vehicle though. Do they only have a 4 seat cab though, looks like it would take a lot more.