Guten Tag from Osnabrück Germany!

gung

A HELLO to all you guys infected with CODE GREEN!

I´m Bastian from Osnabrück in the north of Germany! 32yrs old.

I do my best to write proper englisch, so you can understand what i mean!:sweat:

I infected myself more than 20 years ago, as we had - i say sadly HAD - been one of the largest BAOR Bases in germany!

As a teen i was running constantly around on our local trainig fields, collecting all the stuff the soliders lost, and at home tryed to translate what was written on, what helped me much to improve my english....

Only my english teacher was sometimes wondering about my vocabularies as she did not know from where i knew something like "mulligatawny soup" or "blot-bang-and rub" or "hexamine fuel".... however :)

My dad done a music shop with instruments and as squaddies like to drink, sing and make noise we had a lot of contact to them, so i started dealing with them... this is how i got my first british army stuff swopped against a weekend hire for a karaoke system! :-D

I am less a military collector, i looked always for stuff i could use for my camping/trekking and survival adventures!

But now -sadly- in 2009 all the brits left Osnabrück! :cry:

I also done a few trips to england - dorset-dorchester-bude-exeter-durdle door when i was younger, what i liked much!

In Bude i started with my second hobbie - i bought my first Tilley Lamp and my first pressurized kero stove!

And still i collect everything what makes hot, light and where is a pump on it!

By m/ i got a quite usefull colection of military "camping" goods, what the most of my friends call "WAY TO MUCH!!!"

I always tell em - i just dont smoke and invest my money otherwise!

My third hobbie / project is a self containing survival aluminium shelter for 2 persons for 21 days including food, power, cover, communications, and whatever u need to be totally independend.

My girlfriend is not seeing exactly "the need" for that, but one day....

Still workin on it, but mostly done!

The next thing i look for is a 4-wheel driven "THING" to be converted into a camping mobile, such as a Ambulance Landrover, a Iveco 40-10WM or an 101FC we will see!

If someone got need for german TDV / ZDV Bundeswehr Manuals - i got plenty, just feel free to ask!

Thats it for the moment! Thank You For Beeing Here!

bastian

Hi and welcome,

lived in Dodesheid for 5 years as a teenager, in those days you could still find the odd german gas mask cannister`s and uniform bits dumped in the woods by the cemetary :)

Not to mention cycling around with black painted dug up helmets on our heads :shake:

Chuss

Ashley