producing large camouflage nets

abn deuce

I made my camouflage net on the kitchen and dining room floor. I will never ever do one ever again. Horrible job.

Tim (too)

:sweat::sweat:not good reading - we are just about to undertake such a job for jeep nets......Tim you are more than welcome to give us a hand :coffee:

How many do you have to make? And why? Which pattern do you intend to do? The single colour in the "Greek Key" pattern is the easiest and most effective. What made mine so awkward was my attempt to use the three colour scheme. As i said, horrible job.

Tim (too)

Tim about 50 at this stage for stock and yes tri colour - do you have a satnav, want my post code????:coffee:

Jack

This is a business venture you may well come to regret (unless of course you have a large amount of spare time on your hands). Buy the plain nets and some hessian strip. Put the two together and then sell completed camouflage nets. Brilliant idea. I wonder why no one else had thought of doing it?

Actually, there is a reason. It is a horrible long job (to do it properly) and not something that you can easily do in front of the TV. It makes a terrible mess as the hessian turns to dust and after a while it is really painful on your fingers. Thanks for the offer of the postcode but i will probably steer clear of Dorset until you have finished (so the next 3 years then really).

Tim (too)

I think I ve found why Jack's really interested in making camouflage nets ..and not the small ones :idea:. lets just say hes talked about a certain vehicle ,one he would like to own and the interest of recreating historic photo's :shocked:

Here is a good example of what they put those Large nets to use in WWII

U.S. Army Engineers / U.S. Army Engineers at water point where water is sucked fr. stream into settling tanks while rebuilding bridges demolished by retreating Germans during WWII. Location: Italy Date taken: 1944 Photographer: Margaret Bourke-White

italy1944autocar.jpg

Jack

This is a business venture you may well come to regret (unless of course you have a large amount of spare time on your hands). Buy the plain nets and some hessian strip. Put the two together and then sell completed camouflage nets. Brilliant idea. I wonder why no one else had thought of doing it?

Whoops! Now committed:sweat:

It makes a terrible mess as the hessian turns to dust and after a while it is really painful on your fingers.

Tim (too)

Tim - I own a mans truck so this really isn't a problem :coffee: Plus the fact I will get Sam to do - I am management, I don't get my hands dirty anymore:beatenup:

Whoops! Now committed:sweat:

Tim - I own a mans truck so this really isn't a problem :coffee: Plus the fact I will get Sam to do - I am management, I don't get my hands dirty anymore:beatenup:

Sorry Jack - but my 34 years experience of dealing with management tells me those two statements cannot be used together!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Jack

If you are doing desert coloured WW2 type let me know, even supplied net and sand hessian seperate as a do it yourself ikea job would be fine.

Gary

Hi Gary,

Yes we are a long with German and US nets - just waiting for Tim to turn up.

• 1 month later...