Head torches.

Jack

ahhh, now i know i can talk with authority! hahaha

As some of you know i do alot of underground exploration,old WW2 sites and mines and caves, bunkers etc, and an essential part of kit is good sturdy reliable lighting that can adapt to situations.

The best i have found that i personally use, is, well not the cheapest but it will never let you down!

Petzl myo 5 (belt) it runs from 4*C cell batteries in a pouch with can be located in clothing (batteries run better warm) as well as having 5 LED with excellent 3 power settings. as well as a switchable halogen/zenon 100ft Spot lamp, all very light and very durable.

As the price is around £50 im sure not of norm interest! unless you want something like that!

My recommendation would be a Petzl Tikka, or Tactikka.

Both are 3-5 LED and have power settings, ie , dull, flash, medium and snow blindness! haha

The range starts at around £15 and worth every penny, light and waterproof! and you can get them in olive and camo strap!

myo belt 5

myobelt5_front.jpg

tactikka (led flippable red filter as well)

petzl.jpg

hope this is of some help, you can get cheaper jap imports, but alas you get what you pay for!

also, have a check

updates soon of more pillboxes, and emplacements, and underground with me in the czech republic:)

http://www.longforgotten.co.uk

I always tended to use the petzl, when working on vehicles etc, but the price of batts did tend to put me off, so one day I was in the local builders merchant outlet, and found a headtorch, powered by a 6v cell (4R25H)

This is encased in a padded belt container, and the torch has a round the head band. (no 'over the head' strap)

The only bit that seems a bit naff, is the buckle,plastic, but if that breaks, won't be difficult to replace.

If I remember right, only cost around £8, and batts cost me £1.95 a time.

Andy