The great HMVF "How do you shave"? poll!

Joris

How do you shave?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. How do you shave?

• I don't
    • Electric razor
    • Wet with razor
    • Shaving gell or cream with razor
    • I mix and match some of the above
    • I never vote in polls

:yay::yay::yay:

Well wait no longer ianb!!!!!!!!!!

I used to wax, but that got too expensive, so I bought an epilator and that got too pain full, so now I just wet shave.

All off a sudden its getting very hot in here or is just me :-D

(Now checking over my shoulder in case R Cubed is behind me)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 things:

1) why is JN wanting to know...I know he is Dutch and all that so we can allow for certain elements of strange behaviour but...

2) could someone please vote in the 'I never vote in polls ' it would so make my day...

I bet JN is getting paid for all this info, he is proberly supposed to be down the local high street collecting this info but opted for the easy option with us lot. :-D

You're probably right Ian, no doubt he needs the extra cash what with the arrival of Hugo and his new house:-D

I learned to shave with a single blade and foam. I carried this on into the army and it was fine.

I joined a recce regiment where we spent on average probably one week per month the year round out in the ulu. It still worked fine.

I transferred and found myself attached to a REME Armoured Workshop. Two of the senior NCOs in the Workshop HQ platoon felt they needed to impose some discipline on the junior ranks. One day they decided to have an Active Edge (crash-out) kit check. One junior rank after another, they had a go because each had a razor and a tin of shaving foam. "What will you do in the field when you have been at war with the Commies for a year and your tin of shaving foam runs out? How will you shave your face and ensure your respirator will seal if they use chemical agents? Go out and get yourself a shaving brush so you will be able to shave properly."

By the time they got to me ... "If we are still fighting the Commies when my shaving foam runs out we'll have been chemical if not nuclear for the last eleven months so I shan't worry about it." They had no answer to that, especially in front of all the junior ranks they had just bollicked so they blustered and suggested politely that I sort it.

I worked out a solution. When they redid the kit check a week later, they found I was deficient both a tin of shaving foam AND a brush. "No shaving foam?"

"No, when I shave, I work up a lather with the soap, apply it to my face and shave. If, a year into a war, I cannot get hold of any soap, we'll have more to worry about than not having any soap. End of."

They gave up. I won.

To be honest, at home I used up the remnants of my shaving foam (including the stuff I'd removed from my Active Edge kit) and thereafter I NEVER used anything but plain soap to lubricate my face to shave. It is water that lubricates the razor. Soap, foam, gel, etc are all just ways to get the water to stop from draining off the face before applying razor.

Then in 1999 my father in law gave me a tin of Original Source Mint and Tea Tree shaving gel. The smell and the tingle were great. Since then, this is my preferred shaving gel. I also use mint and tea tree shower gel and shampoo. Baby soft skin and hair. Superb.

Sadly a handful of years ago I lost my sense of smell but the tingle remains.

I still buy single-blade razors. All I get from multi-blade razors is a tram-line where it cuts me. And I change it every month whether it needs it or not.

Jeremy Clarkson wouldn't love me... I have a beard.

I started in the Army, where ,in Italy, you were allowed to have a beard as long as there is a gap between hair and beard (allegedly to allow effective gas mask wearing).

Don't know about today regulations, as a reserve officer I am above these rules...

Andrea

• 4 weeks later...