Armydriver, signing in.

Jack

Jim I have moved your post to here as this is the best place and thank you for the introduction.

Let me take this opportunity to intorduce myself. Some of you that post on the CCKW site already know me, armydriver. My name is Jim and I am a retired Army Colonel with 24 years of active duty service as first an Infantry officer before becoming an aviation officer. I served two tours of combat in Viet Nam, one in the infantry and one as a medical evacuation pilot.

I have owned military vehicles since 1955 when my first car at the age of 15 was a 1945 Willys MB that I paid $75.00 for. I have owned and restored several MB's and GPW's and one M-38. I presently have a 43 CCKW353 and a 41 Ford GP that is in restoration.

I am looking forward to a lot of exciting interchange with the fine people on this web site. If I can ever help any of you with anything please feel free to speak up.

Thanks for letting this Texan join you.

Jim

Own 1943 CCKW353

1941 Ford GP

1944 Ben Hur trailer

1951 M100 1/4 ton trailer

Retired O6 U.S.Army.Was a fixed wing and helicopter pilot in the Army. Flew WWII airplanes with the CAF after Army retirement.

Great to have you here Jim and thank you for your imput so far, it really is appreciated. I know that the members of HMVF will really be interest in yours and Bill's advice and experience around bits of old machinery.

Cheers mate.

Jack.