humber 1ton

waltz

Nice to see a rarity in good hands. Pigs don't rust away but orignal Humbers do. I have witnessed my long dead FV1601 collapse into the brambles sad to say.

Have you got the history? If not I can give some basic info if you've got the mil reg.

Do these Humbers have a turner drum winch fitted? I have one on my land rover 80" which I was lead to believe originated from a post war Humber.

Possibly. The VAOS prefix for the Humber winch components are LV7/TWG. If it was peculiar to Humber it would be LV9/BOE.

LV7/WG is Winch Gear for non-standardised British items. I can only assume TWG means Turner Winch Gear. Have you got a picture of yours?

Its not the one depicted on the front of the series one, although that is also a Turner winch crankshaft driven. Mine is slightly larger, runs off my rear PTO output and is mounted under the rear body. It is more similar to a scaled down AEC matador winch with the main body and a drum to one side. I have two of these winches, definately turner make. Was told they originated on a post war Humber. They have a built in electrical overload system which would have been wired into the ignition circuit to kill the engine! (mine is not wired up). Will get a picture sorted next time I'm home.

My pig has a Turner winch, exactly as described by Ed, and i have seen another 1 ton G.S. truck with exactly the same winch fitted.

Waltz, that is a very nice truck you have, and not alot of them around anymore!

I have a Chassis from one, originally it had been used by a garage as a recovery, in original form, then they sold it, to somebody who thought they would turn it into a monster truck! cut all of the body off, and then ditched the lot in a field when they got bored:argh:

Needless to say, it wasnt pretty by the time i had got it, but it has yielded some useful spares.

Edited by Adam Elsdon

i had to make a start some time it does seem weird tho stripping something that has nothing wrong with it

truck details; fv1604a chassis 43621 mk1

ps. good engine and gearbox 4sale complete

P241108_18.46.jpg

P241108_18.47.jpg

P241108_18.47[01].jpg

Edited by waltz

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Is that a Champ I see stacked up on top at the back ?

Catweazle will want to know the numbers if he doesn't already .:-D

Be nice to have the chassis no or military reg for the register:tup::

rolled her outside tonight and steam cleaned engine bay

i did notice that at some time someone had gone to a lot of trouble to paint this truck in company colours the chissis and running gear is orange they had taken the body of and painted it blue inside and out and underneath they had even taken all the wiring out cos there is no paint on it even under the dash, they had also taken engine out to paint it cos there is paint where you could not get if the engine was in

P281108_17.37[01].jpg